Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by booond View Post
    Did you take a poll?
    Don't need to, I have my metaphorical finger on the metaphorical pulse of the metaphorical Body Athletics!

Comment

• Shericka Jackson needs to do some serious work on hip strength. Her legs are hardly coming up. She will be more dangerous when she can get those legs up and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
        I get the same sense from Mboma that I often got from Semenya--that she's sandbagging so that she doesn't run too fast
        Nope, her first 100 so awful she has to come full throttle in the second 100. I'll tell you what Id like her to get into the 21.6 range because then Thompson would feel like she has to go even faster because Mboma imo will be the person who pushes her over the next year over the longer distance.
        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by lexvid View Post
          21.78 Mbomba. Another WJR. Great time that adds further to the controversy surrounding her. Next year will be interesting in Eugene.
          The tap dancing around her issue by the commentators really grinds my gears. I'm sure their employers have forbidden speaking about it, but c'mon man. She and Masilingi are not allowed to compete in the 400 for a specific reason.

Comment

• Sometthing needs to be done!!
            No woman with higher than normal testosterone should be allowed to run in ANY all-women's event!
            She's a woman, but she has an unfair advantage over women with natural levels of testosterone!
            Same goes for Niyonsaba in the distances!

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
              Shericka Jackson needs to do some serious work on hip strength. Her legs are hardly coming up. She will be more dangerous when she can get those legs up and out.
              That's already been trademarked by ETH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
                The tap dancing around her issue by the commentators really grinds my gears. I'm sure their employers have forbidden speaking about it, but c'mon man. She and Masilingi are not allowed to compete in the 400 for a specific reason.
                On Peacock, the commentator has talked about it several times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

But he got the one that counts
                  And has a faster time
                  Yes, tough to knock him off but Kerley's finish has been strong.

Comment

I get the same sense from Mboma that I often got from Semenya--that she's sandbagging so that she doesn't run too fast
                    I believe she was running all out, but when age and more coaching she will be WR holder. They will probably stop her before she breaks 21.34. It's not going to look good for a DSD athlete to break a 30+ year old record, given her age.

Comment

• Bednarek gets a Eugene Wild Card, which immediately turns to ashes, because of NL's WC Gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        On Peacock, the commentator has talked about it several times.
                        Who's providing the commentary there? It's SRR on the NBC Sports stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                          It's not going to look good for a DSD athlete to break a 30+ year old record, given her age.
                          Oh well, make the change now or deal with it next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
                            Who's providing the commentary there? It's SRR on the NBC Sports stream.
                            Some Brit dude. They're all interchangeably decent.

Comment

• To me sandbagging would be a clear lead off the curve and then looking back a few times to adjust your pace so you don't look like you are blowing everyone out of the water. Mbomba didn't do that.

Comment

She's quite faster than the others in the final 100. Right now she can't sandbag that part and win.

Comment

Working...
                                X