X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
    I get the same sense from Mboma that I often got from Semenya--that she's sandbagging so that she doesn't run too fast
    I believe she was running all out, but when age and more coaching she will be WR holder. They will probably stop her before she breaks 21.34. It's not going to look good for a DSD athlete to break a 30+ year old record, given her age.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

But he got the one that counts
    And has a faster time
    Yes, tough to knock him off but Kerley's finish has been strong.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
    The tap dancing around her issue by the commentators really grinds my gears. I'm sure their employers have forbidden speaking about it, but c'mon man. She and Masilingi are not allowed to compete in the 400 for a specific reason.
    On Peacock, the commentator has talked about it several times.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
    Shericka Jackson needs to do some serious work on hip strength. Her legs are hardly coming up. She will be more dangerous when she can get those legs up and out.
    That's already been trademarked by ETH.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Sometthing needs to be done!!
    No woman with higher than normal testosterone should be allowed to run in ANY all-women's event!
    She's a woman, but she has an unfair advantage over women with natural levels of testosterone!
    Same goes for Niyonsaba in the distances!

Leave a comment:

• Big Tusk
    replied
    Originally posted by lexvid View Post
    21.78 Mbomba. Another WJR. Great time that adds further to the controversy surrounding her. Next year will be interesting in Eugene.
    The tap dancing around her issue by the commentators really grinds my gears. I'm sure their employers have forbidden speaking about it, but c'mon man. She and Masilingi are not allowed to compete in the 400 for a specific reason.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
    I get the same sense from Mboma that I often got from Semenya--that she's sandbagging so that she doesn't run too fast
    Nope, her first 100 so awful she has to come full throttle in the second 100. I'll tell you what Id like her to get into the 21.6 range because then Thompson would feel like she has to go even faster because Mboma imo will be the person who pushes her over the next year over the longer distance.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Shericka Jackson needs to do some serious work on hip strength. Her legs are hardly coming up. She will be more dangerous when she can get those legs up and out.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post
    Did you take a poll?
    Don't need to, I have my metaphorical finger on the metaphorical pulse of the metaphorical Body Athletics!

Leave a comment:

• JumboElliott
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lexvid
    replied
    21.78 Mbomba. Another WJR. Great time that adds further to the controversy surrounding her. Next year will be interesting in Eugene.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Speaking of breaths of fresh air . . . Tamberi.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    That's on you. To most of us, it is a breath of fresh air.
    Did you take a poll?

I don't mind it as it is branding for her and a women's discus thrower needs all the recognition help she can get.

Leave a comment:

• JMysterio
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Wardude certainly has to deal with having run 45.x. I like his idea of trying other events.
    At the press conference he addressed what he would need to do to run the 800 but didn't say he was going to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    There's lots of smoke around the DSD issue, but Mboma sure looks 100% female.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X