Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zürich DL 2021

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Five meets left in the WA WCT 'regular' schedule.

    Zagreb - 9/14
    Mboma vs Jackson in the 200m here again: https://zagreb-meeting.com/2021/09/0...felix/?lang=en

    Comment


    • After the Zurich finals, here are the Americans with Wild Cards to Eugene 2022 World Championships

      Christian Coleman (M 100m)
      Noah Lyles (M 200m)
      Michael Cherry (M 400m)
      Donavan Brazier (M 800m)
      Grant Holloway (M 110mH)
      Sam Kendricks (M PV)
      Christian Taylor (M TJ)
      Joe Kovacs (M SP)
      Quanera Hayes (W 400m)
      Nia Ali (W 100mH)
      Dalilah Muhammad (W 400mH)
      Maggie Ewen (W SP)
      Valerie Allman (W DT)
      DeAnna Price (W HT)
      Kendell Williams (Hep)
      Last edited by ATK; 09-09-2021, 10:48 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Five meets left in the WA WCT 'regular' schedule.

        Berlin - 9/12
        Bellinzona - 9/14
        Zagreb - 9/14
        Bergen - 9/18
        Nairobi - 9/18

        watchathletics.com will have the viewing info (and Lucky Spikes, if he's around)
        Yep, I'm here. 😀 Added bonus ... I can even bring you the Men's SP at the Zagreb City Fountains (Crouser etc) on Monday 13th.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ATK View Post
          After the Zurich finals, here are the Americans with Wild Cards to Eugene 2022 World Championships

          Christian Coleman (M 100m)
          Noah Lyles (M 200m)
          Michael Cherry (M 400m)
          Donavan Brazier (M 800m)
          Grant Holloway (M 110mH)
          Sam Kendricks (M PV)
          Christian Taylor (M TJ)
          Joe Kovacs (M SP)
          Quanera Hayes (W 400m)
          Nia Ali (W 100mH)
          Dalilah Muhammad (W 400mH)
          Maggie Ewen (W SP)
          Valerie Allman (W DT)
          DeAnna Price (W HT)
          Damn

          Comment


          • Pretty good list! I’d imagine only Kenya could even compare.

            Comment


            • I was surprised (but not disappointed) to see that the DL Final in Zurich did not use the Final-3- attempt procedure that had been in effect at the earlier DL meets this year in the throws and horizontal jumps.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                Pretty good list! I’d imagine only Kenya could even compare.
                Kenya's wild cards:

                Emmanuel Korir (M 800m)
                Timothy Cheruiyot (M 1500m)
                Conseslus Kipruto (M 3K St)
                Helen Obiri (W 5000m)
                Beatrice Chepkoech (W 3K St)
                Ruth Chepngetich (W Marathon)

                I don't know how Kenya selects though (US gives precedent to World Champion over DL Champion), so Kenya could also add these DL winners to the team and only select 2 at their trials:

                Norah Jeruto (W 3k St)
                Benjamin Kigen (W 3k St)

                Comment


                • Tapper is beautiful to watch hurdle. She's like a little wind-up machine. Perfect.
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                  Comment


                  • Also, seems that Kendell Williams will get the wild card in the Heptathlon for winning the 2021 Combined Events Challenge.

                    Comment


                    • Allen really finished his season well.
                      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                      Comment


                      • Man , I know Coleman is the defending world champ, but he got himself suspended this year . Kerley worked hard to get it, stepped out of his comfort zone this year and was very consistent particularly in the 100. Kerley won the race and prize money but he and Bednarek did not get rewarded for their wins in the 100/200.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lexvid View Post
                          21.78 Mbomba. Another WJR. Great time that adds further to the controversy surrounding her. Next year will be interesting in Eugene.

                          March 2020 Mboma’s PR was 25.05 and now Mboma runs 21.78. I am watching the progression in utter “disbelief”.

                          Comment


                          • Both 1500s were fun! Cheyriot's finishing arm-drive was great.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ceztoo View Post


                              March 2020 Mboma’s PR was 25.05 and now Mboma runs 21.78. I am watching the progression in utter “disbelief”.
                              Literally unbelievable

                              Elaine Thompson: March 2014 PB of 23.73, August 2015 ran 21.66
                              SAFP: March 2007 PB of 11.49, August 2008 runs 10.78
                              Yohan Blake: March 2010 PB of 20.60, August 2011 runs 19.26

                              That 25.05 time from March was literally the first and only time she ran the 200m until May this year. She very well could have been running 23/22 last year if she was running it.
                              Last edited by ATK; 09-09-2021, 11:18 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                                Man , I know Coleman is the defending world champ, but he got himself suspended this year . Kerley worked hard to get it, stepped out of his comfort zone this year and was very consistent particularly in the 100. Kerley won the race and prize money but he and Bednarek did not get rewarded for their wins in the 100/200.
                                I still have a gut feeling Coleman will not be back next year to defend. Sucks for Bednarek though, I agree.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X