Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerley trusted his drive-phase. Degrasse in Eugene under 9.8?
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Most stoked for Hayes. A good consolation prize for her after missing out on a relay medal thanks to WA's crappy scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
        Man , I know Coleman is the defending world champ, but he got himself suspended this year . Kerley worked hard to get it, stepped out of his comfort zone this year and was very consistent particularly in the 100. Kerley won the race and prize money but he and Bednarek did not get rewarded for their wins in the 100/200.
        But this has to work both ways right?

They worked hard to win in Doha 2019 to win the world championship race and gold medal. Why should Kerley and Bednarek get preference over them? (and Coleman's ban is over before 2022)

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
          Kerley trusted his drive-phase. Degrasse in Eugene under 9.8?
          Is Degrassse's 9.89/19.72 the greatest non-winning double (same day-meet) of all-time? Is anyone even close?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
            Michael Cherry! This was his trials as well and he knew it with that dive! He also gets the wild card to Eugene!
            I'm super happy for him. Won't burn too much energy (US Trials is war) before the WC. Michael Norman needs a coach like John Smith to become the 400m boss someday...

Comment

• Originally posted by DET59 View Post

Is Degrassse's 9.89/19.72 the greatest non-winning double (same day-meet) of all-time? Is anyone even close?
              Forget non-winning, that is the overall 3rd best single day double in history,
              1. 29.48 – Justin Gatlin (9.77, 19.71) – September 5, 2014 – Brussels
              2. 29.59 – Divine Oduduru (9.87, 19.73 ) – June 7, 2019 – Austin
              3. 29.61 – Andre De Grasse (9.89, 19.72) August 9th, 2021 – Zurich
              4. 29.67 – Ato Boldon (9.90, 19.77) – July 13, 1997 – Stuttgart
              5. 29.70 – Divine Oduduru (9.94, 19.76) – April 20, 2019 – Waco

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                I was surprised (but not disappointed) to see that the DL Final in Zurich did not use the Final-3- attempt procedure that had been in effect at the earlier DL meets this year in the throws and horizontal jumps.
                Me too. Maybe they heard us. Can't say it enough times. Aside from the inherent unfairness, It is ridiculous that a $30K first prize rides on a last attempt foul.

Comment

• OK, I noticed in the men's 400H results that TR16.5.3 appeared next to Dos Santos's time. I looked up the rule and it is "Disturbing the start" but there is no explanation of what that means. I watched the replay (in Spanish) and with the first start that was called back, they gave Dos Santos a yellow card. I'm guessing that was for moving his head up while in the set position. On the next attempt at a start, they threw out Copello for a false start. Then, on the third try they finally got the race going.

Is "Disturbing the start" what Dos Santos did by moving his head up while in the set position? Nobody seemed "disturbed" except the officials and the reaction times (displayed at 3:19 in the video) were all within the legal limit. His replay starts at about 4:07 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBiYELm9Dg

Comment

• Mboma's 2nd 100 has to be the best ever.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Michaelson View Post
                      OK, I noticed in the men's 400H results that TR16.5.3 appeared next to Dos Santos's time. I looked up the rule and it is "Disturbing the start" but there is no explanation of what that means. I watched the replay (in Spanish) and with the first start that was called back, they gave Dos Santos a yellow card. I'm guessing that was for moving his head up while in the set position. On the next attempt at a start, they threw out Copello for a false start. Then, on the third try they finally got the race going.

Is "Disturbing the start" what Dos Santos did by moving his head up while in the set position? Nobody seemed "disturbed" except the officials and the reaction times (displayed at 3:19 in the video) were all within the legal limit. His replay starts at about 4:07 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBiYELm9Dg
                      Yes. That twitching with his head is what they called disturbing a start. Since reaction time was okay, only a yellow card rather than a red card.

Comment

Kenya's wild cards:

Emmanuel Korir (M 800m)
                        Timothy Cheruiyot (M 1500m)
                        Conseslus Kipruto (M 3K St)
                        Helen Obiri (W 5000m)
                        Beatrice Chepkoech (W 3K St)
                        Ruth Chepngetich (W Marathon)

I don't know how Kenya selects though (US gives precedent to World Champion over DL Champion), so Kenya could also add these DL winners to the team and only select 2 at their trials:

Norah Jeruto (W 3k St)
                        Benjamin Kigen (W 3k St)
                        Vetter won the javelin, the wild card will allow Germany to take 4, they usually have 4 who are up to the standard. Hussongs path is assured, but she is the best in Germany by a distance so wouldn’t have had too many issues anyway. Hodgkinson winning the 800 is good news for the other British runners

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                          I'm sure I'm the only curmudgeon who doesn't like the flag-wrapping after each event.
                          I was about to post the same sentiment. Who and when started this BS? Lasse Viren 1976?

Comment

Literally unbelievable

Elaine Thompson: March 2014 PB of 23.73, August 2015 ran 21.66
                            SAFP: March 2007 PB of 11.49, August 2008 runs 10.78
                            Yohan Blake: March 2010 PB of 20.60, August 2011 runs 19.26

That 25.05 time from March was literally the first and only time she ran the 200m until May this year. She very well could have been running 23/22 last year if she was running it.
                            The Blake progression has always made me tilt my head. SAFP was actually 11.31 to 10.78. I can handle that…and ETH’s 23.23 to 21.66. Is not as huge a leap as Mboma’s. Whose only PR in 2019 was 2:17 in the 800. 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceztoo View Post
                              SAFP was actually 11.31 to 10.78. I can handle that…
                              Nope, she ran 11.31 in June 2007. Her PB entering 2007 was 11.74, she then ran 11.49 in February 2007.

Comment

Nope, she ran 11.31 in June 2007. Her PB entering 2007 was 11.74, she then ran 11.49 in February 2007.

Oh you are doing a weird March thing. I was doing PBs by year (I probably mislead you with my March reference in my initial post). Sorry about that…

Comment

Working...
                                X