Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ceztoo View Post

The Blake progression has always made me tilt my head.
    Years before Blake's 19.26, he ran 10.11 as a 17 year old and 10.33 as a 16 year old. His progression to 19.26 had many years of hard training and quality times along the way. Nothing like Mboma coming out of nowhere at age 18.

SAFP was actually 11.31 to 10.78. I can handle that…and ETH’s 23.23 to 21.66.
    And they both were over 20 years old with more than 5 years of serious training under their belts at that point. Not teenagers with one year of serious training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ceztoo View Post
      Oh you are doing a weird March thing. I was doing PBs by year (I probably mislead you with my March reference in my initial post). Sorry about that…
      Yup, just using your initial March metric. 🙂

Comment

• Originally posted by noone View Post
        I was about to post the same sentiment. Who and when started this BS? Lasse Viren 1976?
        in my small circle of track nut friends (4) we all share the same sentiment of dislike for the flag wrapping...it was tolerable when it was spontaneous but this scripted bs has gone on long enough

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

in my small circle of track nut friends (4) we all share the same sentiment of dislike for the flag wrapping...it was tolerable when it was spontaneous but this scripted bs has gone on long enough
          No problem during OG or WC but the rest is silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Her drive phase is overly long in my opinion and I'm no coach. I mean she is in superb form and her coach is clearly doing something right, but if she comes up a little earlier she'd be able to get that flo jo record. Next year in Eugene if she is in this kind of form.
            Or maybe her drive phase is precisely why she goes so fast? I mean, the girl is literally on a level we've never seen before. Everyone should be taking pointers from her at this point.

Comment

I was about to post the same sentiment. Who and when started this BS? Lasse Viren 1976?
              I thought Viren was more about the Tiger shoes. I worked for a store that sold exclusively Adidas at the time and my boss got some complimentary poster of Viren holding the Tiger shoes. He was mad and offered me the poster which I happily took (and still have). I actually wore Tiger flats for cross country and even had Tiger soccer boots (that lasted 20 years). I didn't have the heart to tell my boss that. In fairness, I also had SL72's and Sprint spikes for track season, so wasn't completely disloyal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Michaelson View Post
                OK, I noticed in the men's 400H results that TR16.5.3 appeared next to Dos Santos's time. I looked up the rule and it is "Disturbing the start" but there is no explanation of what that means. I watched the replay (in Spanish) and with the first start that was called back, they gave Dos Santos a yellow card. I'm guessing that was for moving his head up while in the set position. On the next attempt at a start, they threw out Copello for a false start. Then, on the third try they finally got the race going.

Is "Disturbing the start" what Dos Santos did by moving his head up while in the set position? Nobody seemed "disturbed" except the officials and the reaction times (displayed at 3:19 in the video) were all within the legal limit. His replay starts at about 4:07 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckBiYELm9Dg
                Yes, once in the set position you cannot move anything. Had he set with his head up there would've been no call back.

Comment

Viren didn't wrap himself in the flag. He did a victory lap win Finnish fans following him waving the Finnish flag.

EDIT: That was in 1972. But I don't think flag wrapping first started well into the millineum.
                  Last edited by JMysterio; 09-10-2021, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• I agree, the flag wrap should be reserved for the Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Now you tell me - I already have!
                      You retired?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

In the curmudgeon department, I will throw out all the "Team This" and "Team That" silliness. I swear Sanya Richards would reference someone representing "Team Wallis and Futuna".

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                          I'm sure I'm the only curmudgeon who doesn't like the flag-wrapping after each event.
                          Genuinely curious, whats wrong with it? Is it the flag (of any country FYI) specifically, or just the idea of celebrating "too much" after a DL win?

Comment

• I don't have a problem with flag wraps; nothing wrong with being proud of where you come from. The problem I have is the flags are tossed from the stands and often land on the track...in the US that's a Bozo No-No. The flag should never touch the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                              You retired?
                              Eh-yup! Not sure if it will take, but for now, every day is Saturday!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Genuinely curious, whats wrong with it? Is it the flag (of any country FYI) specifically, or just the idea of celebrating "too much" after a DL win?
                                The Diamond League isn't a nation vs. nation competition, so it doesn't make much sense to me for the flag to be carried around.

Comment

Working...
                                X