Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

There are probably more companies than that registered in the BVI to avoid tax!

For the 2012 London Olympics, I think their T&F team consisted of one woman sprinter (Tahesia Harrigan??), She and her husband stayed in a small village about 5 miles from where I live to prepare for the Games.
    Probably???

The BVI has more than 600,000 incorporations registered, with more than 5,000 new companies registering every month.

https://www.offshorecompany.com/comp...tion/benefits/

Comment

• Originally posted by El Toro View Post
      The BVI has more than 600,000 incorporations registered, with more than 5,000 new companies registering every month.
      With no physical presence necessary - just an e-mail address?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
        Well I think by next year they will have to go back to the drawing board on these events because Mboma will be in Eugene and perhaps medaling again and Niyonsaba will definitely be carrying home a Gold medal thats for certain. She has another year to play with.
        I didn't realize until yesterday that the 1500 was also a protected event. I guess Faith Kipyegon should as thankful to the folks making the DSD rules as Shaunae Miller and Athing Mu.

Comment

• Originally posted by smj View Post
          I do think it would be nice to see something like cycling where the world champion wears a distinctive jersey all year while they are reigning champ. Champs also wear rainbow stripes on their jersey sleeves for the rest of their career. Similarly national champions wear their national champ jersey while they are reigning champs. It breaks up the parade of trade team kit and for T&F would give a break from races full of the same Nike kit.
          I love this idea which I talked about a few years ago. Of course you only get to wear the champion's jersey when you're competing in the event in which you won a championship. Under this system Dina Asher-Smith could have worn the world champion's jersey in the 200 but not the 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
            Between the mascots at some meets, sometimes the bottles or sports drinks and branded towels they try to give athletes after crossing the line, the meet organizers want photos, videos and moments to share from their meet. I'm sure if they could get the winners to hold up signs that said "I love the Zurich diamond league" as they crossed the line, they would do it just for years of promotion.

Also, come on...you exaggerated the flowers and flag a bit here. They handed Hayes the flowers while she was on the ground. And for the flag, the person patiently waited for the right moment and draped it on her back like a cape. Very similar to how Kirani James draped the flag around Gardiner after the Olympic 400m. I thought it was a nice gesture especially in the midst of making Hayes feel like a champion despite a rollercoaster season.
            I was trying to get to bagpipes and tissues

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

After the Olympic 400m, Cherry told Lewis Johnson "I should have dove." So I think he learned his own lesson rather quickly.
              Seeing it live, I thought he tripped James at the line like a punter trying to prevent a punt returner from taking it to the house. However that wasn't the case from the head on view.

Comment

• Good meet, nice way to wrap up an amazing season. Not sure where this season ranks with others over the past 2 decades but I would say it's up there.

- ETH wrapping up a magical season with another 10.6...loved her IG story with all of the DL Champs at the end.
                - Good to see Kambundji get another PB this late in the season and Del Ponte get another 10.9.
                - VERY happy for DAS...after getting injured at the worst possible time to steadily come back and end just off her PB in 100 shows the form she was in. She was definitely in low 10.7/low 21.7 form pre-injury.
                - Neita with new PBs in both the 100/200. I felt if she had a better lane on the outside in the 200 it would've been much lower.
                - Michael Cherry wrapped up an amazing season and got rewarded with a World Champs bye.
                - Good to see PB's from Amusan and Visser.
                - Mboma needs to fix that 1st 100 and again, I'd love to see her break that WR just to shove it to WA.
                - Great seasons from Kung Fu Kenny, DeGrasse and Kerley. Really want to see how far ADG can go if he ever gets that 1st half of his races.
                - Thrilling finish from Cheriyot and Jakob
                - Hodgekinson wrapping up a breakout year and GBR middle distancing overall looking great on both sides.
                - Devon Allen is rolling. Hopefully this setups next year with WC's on his home track.
                - I definitely felt Hayes' emotion at the end of her 400 race. She's been through a lot of ups and downs this season.

IMO Fred Kerley is the overall #1 in Men's 100 this season. Jacobs didn't race much and while he's the OG Champion and ran a 9.80 to completely shut down, Kerley has continued to run and win races. Jacobs disappearing on the track (not Instagram) just doesn't sit right with me.

As for flags in the Diamond League I don't see the issue and have no problem with it. Athletes are usually introduced by name and country at the start-line in all meets, nothing wrong with repping your home country pride wherever you compete. And in some of the countries these meets are held there's always people in the stands who emigrated and are attending to support their home country like Jamaica, USA etc.
                Last edited by Weights&Shoes; 09-10-2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Watching the stream of Womens TJ, I could not figure out if they were using "no mark, no foul" or visual foul. Jumpers have always gotten away with huge visual fouls that did not touch the plasticine while a 1 mm foul will almost always leave a crescent on a properly prepared board.
                  Rojas fouled a lot but got a white flag on two jumps that, although they conceivably did not touch the plasticine, were blatant visual fouls while some jumps were red-flagged that, even with the eagle-eye, I would have called fair. It does not appear they could have even touched the plasticine. (I ascribe to the universal board judge's credo that "ties go to the jumper").

Comment

• Yesterday was what, the 6th time Little was beaten by Bol this season? It's time for Little to switch to the flat 400m or fix her technique. That flailing arms hurdling style doesn't cut it at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by smj View Post
                      I do think it would be nice to see something like cycling where the world champion wears a distinctive jersey all year while they are reigning champ. Champs also wear rainbow stripes on their jersey sleeves for the rest of their career. Similarly national champions wear their national champ jersey while they are reigning champs. It breaks up the parade of trade team kit and for T&F would give a break from races full of the same Nike kit.
                      Nike actually does this most years where they have a standard competition uniform for their sponsored athletes, but reigning World Champs get a similar uniform in a different color

Comment

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
                        Good meet, nice way to wrap up an amazing season. Not sure where this season ranks with others over the past 2 decades but I would say it's up there.

- ETH wrapping up a magical season with another 10.6...loved her IG story with all of the DL Champs at the end.
                        - Good to see Kambundji get another PB this late in the season and Del Ponte get another 10.9.
                        - VERY happy for DAS...after getting injured at the worst possible time to steadily come back and end just off her PB in 100 shows the form she was in. She was definitely in low 10.7/low 21.7 form pre-injury.
                        - Neita with new PBs in both the 100/200. I felt if she had a better lane on the outside in the 200 it would've been much lower.
                        - Michael Cherry wrapped up an amazing season and got rewarded with a World Champs bye.
                        - Good to see PB's from Amusan and Visser.
                        - Mboma needs to fix that 1st 100 and again, I'd love to see her break that WR just to shove it to WA.
                        - Great seasons from Kung Fu Kenny, DeGrasse and Kerley. Really want to see how far ADG can go if he ever gets that 1st half of his races.
                        - Thrilling finish from Cheriyot and Jakob
                        - Hodgekinson wrapping up a breakout year and GBR middle distancing overall looking great on both sides.
                        - Devon Allen is rolling. Hopefully this setups next year with WC's on his home track.
                        - I definitely felt Hayes' emotion at the end of her 400 race. She's been through a lot of ups and downs this season.

IMO Fred Kerley is the overall #1 in Men's 100 this season. Jacobs didn't race much and while he's the OG Champion and ran a 9.80 to completely shut down, Kerley has continued to run and win races. Jacobs disappearing on the track (not Instagram) just doesn't sit right with me.

As for flags in the Diamond League I don't see the issue and have no problem with it. Athletes are usually introduced by name and country at the start-line in all meets, nothing wrong with repping your home country pride wherever you compete. And in some of the countries these meets are held there's always people in the stands who emigrated and are attending to support their home country like Jamaica, USA etc.
                        Thank you Weight and shoes . I have been saying this all along about Jacob’s and Kerley. Jacob’s not racing after the olympics raises some questions for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I think they usually have a postal address in the BVI, but what you would find at these addresses I'm really not sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                            Jacob’s not racing after the olympics raises some questions for me.
                            What about McLaughlin, SMU and Gardiner? They 'disappeared'. Or were they just tired of training and racing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              There are companies (not just in BVI and tax havens) that will lease you a virtual or part-time office for under $100/month, where they'll provide you with a business address in their building and receive your mail, and you can rent out a cubicle or conference room by the hour if you need to meet a client face-to-face.

That's how one small building with 20 rooms can host the addresses of 500 businesses. Many self-employed people and small businesses who don't need a full-time physical office will use a place like that so they don't have to use their home address.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Thank you Weight and shoes . I have been saying this all along about Jacob’s and Kerley. Jacob’s not racing after the olympics raises some questions for me.
                                I would rank Kerley ahead of Jacob.

Comment

Working...
                                X