Clear All

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Ew, why the banked track?

Leave a comment:

• rock
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

Depending on your location, you can watch on the Diamond League Youtube page (starts at 11:30am Eastern time): https://youtu.be/YIksAgP0mYk
    Thats main feed...

But Im talking about where to see for example javelin throw from A to Z?

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Note if Maggie Ewen (currently leading the SP after 3 rounds) wins here, she gets a wild card to Eugene next year.

Leave a comment:

• JMysterio
    replied
    Walsh apparently destroyed the competition...by shattering the board. They're trying to replace it.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Ha. Big men break things. Like the stopboard.

Crouser looks like a caged panther, waiting for the fix.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by rock View Post
    ANyone knows where else to watch(exc.US) field streams/feeds?
    Depending on your location, you can watch on the Diamond League Youtube page (starts at 11:30am Eastern time): https://youtu.be/YIksAgP0mYk

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Oooh, what's this? Kovacs leading after 2.
    At 22.29.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    you can hear the shots landing with a bang on the elevated platform they're using
    Have we ever seen sod on a platform before?

Leave a comment:

• rock
    replied
    ANyone knows where else to watch(exc.US) field streams/feeds?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    you can hear the shots landing with a bang on the elevated platform they're using

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    We've got wSP feed and results going, nada yet on men.
    Ewen out to a nice 63-8 (19.41).
    . . .
    Now men started. So it's a round of W, then a round of M.
    Last edited by Atticus; 09-08-2021, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post
    How are they going to treat the 5000 in the world rankings, given that the track is oversize, so the times are not eligible for official recognition?
    I imagine this 5000 will be considered a 'road race', but with hundredths timing?
    Even I, as a stat-nerd, have zero problem with a 5000 run on this track (a rare rarity) to be thrown in with 400m track times on lists. It would not, obviously, qualify as a record.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    aaronk mentions 201 meters ok for indoor tracks... that's because of some old 220 yard ones ?

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    How are they going to treat the 5000 in the world rankings, given that the track is oversize, so the times are not eligible for official recognition?

Leave a comment:

• Rack
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    220 yards... 160 yarder... 146.7 yarder
    385 yard
    Not too odd. 8 laps to the mile, 11 laps, 12 laps! My high school's indoor track was 167.619 yards, 10.5 laps per mile.
    385 yards isn't too odd, either. 7/32 of a mile. Another 55 yards makes it a right proper 440 yards, 4 laps to the mile.

If I caught the number right on the press conference, they actually got around to measuring the street track, and it's 563m.
    8.881 laps per 5k, or 67m short of 9 laps. I wonder where they'll put the start and finish lines!

Thinking about it more, 563m is very close to 562.5m, or 9 * 62.5m. 16 62.5m segments per kilometer, and 80 total segments for 5k. 8 8/9 laps. It's too bad metric users don't like fractions.
    Last edited by Rack; 09-08-2021, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X