Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    If you're 7'2" and have an arm-span of 86", I think you'd win with just a little ups.
    Probably not. But only one way to find out. This guy would've been a candidate.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/jo...of-basketball/

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
      If you want to keep the HJ then make it a contest for dunking a tennis ball at different heights. Start at 10-feet for men then move it up 4 inches at a time.
      The tallest man ever was 8'11" he would have destroyed the competition without even moving. Hardly very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
        Norman passes on both the 1 and 4.
        Ok skip the 100m, but why skip the 400m? Long shot, but best case scenario is he wins and gets a wild card to Eugene. This looks to be Michael Cherry's race to loose unless Kirani James has something to say.

Note Cherry just needs 3 more races to have the most sub 45 second 400m races in one season. I didnt realize the only time he ran 45 this year was in his season opener back in April. And he is smartly treating the small meets (Italy, Poland) as heats and conserving energy for the big meets (Brussels and now Zurich will essentially be his 2022 World Championship trials)
        Last edited by ATK; 09-06-2021, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Initial Start Lists up.
          https://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/...esults-zurich/

All the survivors from recent DLs there.

Super-studs in abundance: RC, Stahl, Rojas, Hassan, Mondo, Vetter, ETH, Wardude, Mboma
          SAFP not listed in the 100m (Yet? only 7 listed so far with 9 lanes) and Shericka Jackson is only doing the 200m.

A few Americans who have realistic chances at Eugene 2022 Wild Cards:

Steffin McCarter - LJ
          Katie Nageotte - PV
          Valerie Allman - DT
          Michael Cherry - 400m
          Courtney Frerichs - 3k Steeple
          Kate Grace - 800m

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Ok skip the 100m, but why skip the 400m?
            My guess is that the 400 is in his head right now. Perhaps he just wants to go back and start from scratch in the buildup to the WC.

Comment

I like that Kerley and Degrasse are giving it a go at both 100m and 200m. Degrasse has nothing to lose as he will qualify easily for next year's championships, Kerley will be looking to qualify here.
              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

SAFP not listed in the 100m (Yet? only 7 listed so far with 9 lanes) and Shericka Jackson is only doing the 200m.

A few Americans who have realistic chances at Eugene 2022 Wild Cards:

Steffin McCarter - LJ
                Katie Nageotte - PV
                Valerie Allman - DT
                Michael Cherry - 400m
                Courtney Frerichs - 3k Steeple
                Kate Grace - 800m
                She is the defending champion after all, so she gets her place, maybe not up for this race. I hope so, I expect ETH to run 10.6 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                  I like that Kerley and Degrasse are giving it a go at both 100m and 200m. Degrasse has nothing to lose as he will qualify easily for next year's championships, Kerley will be looking to qualify here.
                  Coleman and Lyles are defending 100/200 World Champions so Kerley still has to qualify at trials next year.

Comment

Coleman and Lyles are defending 100/200 World Champions so Kerley still has to qualify at trials next year.
                    Oh, only one person per nation can get the pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Oh, only one person per nation can get the pass?
                      World Athletics rule is, If an athlete has a wild card, a country can send a max of 4 to the World Championships in that event. The US gives the reining World Champion precedent over a Diamond League champion, who then must qualify at trials. (for example Brianna McNeal was 2013 World Champion, Dawn Harper-Nelson was 2014 DL Champion, but Harper-Nelson had to finish top 3 at 2015 USATF to qualify for Beijing as the wild card was prioritized to McNeal).

Other countries could very likely do it different though. For example, if Elaine Thompson wins the DL 100m final, SAFP is the reigning world champion and I'm sure Jamaica will allow both to go to Eugene no matter what, probably selecting 2 more from their trials (just a guess though, I dont know Jamaica's rules)

Comment

World Athletics rule is, If an athlete has a wild card, a country can send a max of 4 to the World Championships in that event. The US gives the reining World Champion precedent over a Diamond League champion, who then must qualify at trials. (for example Brianna McNeal was 2013 World Champion, Dawn Harper-Nelson was 2014 DL Champion, but Harper-Nelson had to finish top 3 at 2015 USATF to qualify for Beijing as the wild card was prioritized to McNeal).

Other countries could very likely do it different though. For example, if Elaine Thompson wins the DL 100m final, SAFP is the reigning world champion and I'm sure Jamaica will allow both to go to Eugene no matter what, probably selecting 2 more from their trials (just a guess though, I dont know Jamaica's rules)
                        I'm not doubting you at all and more curious....is the US rule written or is it precedent likely to be followed?

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I'm not doubting you at all and more curious....is the US rule written or is it precedent likely to be followed?
                          https://www.flipsnack.com/USATF/usat...full-view.html
                          "A 2019 Diamond League Champion who competes at the Selection Event, in events in which
                          the reigning World Champion is not a U.S. athlete, will receive an automatic wild-card bye into
                          the 2019 IAAF World Championships for the event in which he or she is the 2019 Diamond
                          League Champion, whether or not he or she has achieved the corresponding entry standard
                          "

Similar was noted in the rules for previous Championships
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Thanks ATK.

Comment

Regarding SAFP not being on the 100m entry lists, after her race in Poland, she notes that she will be running 2 more races this season, including Zurich, so she should added soon I guess:

https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...-vetter-fajdek

I was glad I was able to get the break. I needed it to regroup and come again. I’m back in the groove now and hoping the next two races (Zurich on 9 September and Bellinzona on 14 September) will be good.

Comment

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/en/n...inal-in-zurich

Additionally, the 'Final 3' format will not be used, with six attempts for all finalists in the throws, long jump, and triple jump.

Comment

Working...
                                X