Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one time when the 5000 will hold the LEAST (read ZERO!) interest for me!
    The same as I feel about OT races from INdoors!

As for T&FN honoring this race for its World Rankings, I 100% disagree!!
    This race, just as with Kipchoge's 2 sub-2 marathon attempts, should be totally ignored!!

My blog won't even mention it, unless in a critical nature (with no marks listed).
    A HUGE mistake by the Zurich organizers!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      This is one time when the 5000 will hold the LEAST (read ZERO!) interest for me!

This race, just as with Kipchoge's 2 sub-2 marathon attempts, should be totally ignored!!

My blog won't even mention it, unless in a critical nature (with no marks listed).
      Well. I think it depends on the point of view. You can either aim for the sports and the performance aspect. Then the race would be bullshit.
      but its not what the organisers are targeting.

As you might know. Track and Field is a relative big thing in Switzerland. Probably the biggest sport here after Football (Soccer) or skiing. Thats why we‘re performing quite well for a small european country with 8 Mio population. Compared to other similar countries like Austria. (In relation, Germany is 10x bigger, UK is 7-8x bigger).

The organisers are trying to get even more attention and reach so to get closer to the public community. We‘re trying to bring the sports to the people.
      Also for those people who aren‘t really in track n field sports and have never watched it. Sechsenläutenplatz is a huge square. One of the biggest in Zurich. Its like if you‘d do the same in Times Square NY or at Piccadilly Circus in London. Many people are going to pass that square automatically. Whether on the way home from work, or just a downtown trip with the kids as a family.

Thats what we‘re intending with this events. To make people watch, who aren't interested in track & field
      European Championship 2014 in Zurich gave us huge boost for example.

Still, the major part of the competition will be in the stadium, but yeah of course i can understand your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Initial Start Lists up.
        https://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/...esults-zurich/

All the survivors from recent DLs there.

Super-studs in abundance: RC, Stahl, Rojas, Hassan, Mondo, Vetter, ETH, Wardude, Mboma

but of particular interest is

a J Inge double, 15/5 !!
        w3000St - Chemutei, Frerichs, Kiyeng, Jeruto
        m3000St - El B to avenge his fall
        m200 - DeG, Bednarek, Kerley
        Jakob Ingebrigtsen reportedly out of the 5000. He will run only the 1500. He has indicated recently that he is fatigued.

Comment

Anyone know why Benjamin won’t line up in the 400H?

Comment

Why is there only 6 athletes in each of the field events? They've never done that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Oh, only one person per nation can get the pass?
              And defending champions trump Diamond League winners but will Coleman be eligible by then?
              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-07-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                I like that Kerley and Degrasse are giving it a go at both 100m and 200m. Degrasse has nothing to lose as he will qualify easily for next year's championships, Kerley will be looking to qualify here.
                While we're on the subject of versatility, I've been wondering if Lyles, Bednarek, Norman and Kerley are capable of winning both the 4x100 and the 4x400 at a global championship. Norman and Kerley are both sub-10/sub-44 guys and I have a hunch that Lyles and Bednarek would run at least low 44 if they decided to run a serious 400 next year, because their PR's are outdated.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtAJCt3k3Q&t=2817s I got a question in (not the one about the singing)! It was either this or some esoteric technique question about the radar system and biomechanically optimal trajectories and how individual or general such an angle is (a paper I read on the subject concluded it was individual). 2026 isn't too far away!

Of course, the answer just raised more questions. What are his good habits in the shot, that turn into bad habits in the discus!
                  Last edited by Rack; 09-07-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Regarding SAFP not being on the 100m entry lists, after her race in Poland, she notes that she will be running 2 more races this season, including Zurich, so she should added soon I guess:

https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...-vetter-fajdek

I was glad I was able to get the break. I needed it to regroup and come again. I’m back in the groove now and hoping the next two races (Zurich on 9 September and Bellinzona on 14 September) will be good.
                    According to this article she's officially not going to be running in Zurich.

https://trackalerts.com/shelly-ann-f...rich-dl-final/

The Diamond League final, according to Doyle, “just wasn’t in the plans.”

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                      Why is there only 6 athletes in each of the field events? They've never done that before.
                      First time DL final only held in Zurich. They‘ve got a tight very tight schedule. Only 3 hours. So they are able to get through.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz.

Comment

And in a Kosmic Karma irony, this will hold great interest to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Zzzzzzzzz.
                            Agree, in fact
                            Zzzzzzzzz
                            Zzzzzzzzz

Presumably aaronk wants to be forever stuck in a time warp and the sport should never innovate.

Therefore, aaronk you should cancel all your indoor records unless made on a 160 yard wooden track, cancel all records made on rubberised tracks, go back to bamboo PV, no flop HJ, no spin shot etc etc.

The 5000 is likely to be a fascinating race.

Comment

Peacock streams scheduling (time is PDT)

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.08.22.png

Comment

Only two watchlistable (©gh) so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X