X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Good grief, Charlie Brown! My head is spinning.

I will go out on a limb and predict that SM, DM, and FB will work hard on what needs improving, and do their best to beat one another. I look forward to the next year or two. Or three.
    LOL this! ^

I predict the same. I feel that any one of them could have won the Worlds next year....were they not in the US. As they are, I expect a US winner, but from 2022, it could be anyone's. Possibly more likely to be Syd's or Bols as Muhammad will be what, 32 next year? She may retire after Eugene 2022, or she may go on to Paris, but surely the younger women will have the edge by then. But just because of the gap in Tokyo, I don't agree that Bol will never beat Syd in the next decade at all. Unless Syd soon switches events. I would not be surprised by this - or even retirement after Paris 2024, after seeing her breakdown video on IG.

Leave a comment:

• bobguild76
    replied
    Good grief, Charlie Brown! My head is spinning.

I will go out on a limb and predict that SM, DM, and FB will work hard on what needs improving, and do their best to beat one another. I look forward to the next year or two. Or three.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

If SML = Sydney McLaughlin then no. McLaughlin was 21 when she ran 51.90 and 51.46
    When Bol ran her 52.03 she was 21 years 5 months 11 days.
    At that same age SML's fastest time was 52.23
    Her 51.90 was when she was 21 years 10 months 20 days

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

If SML = Sydney McLaughlin then no. McLaughlin was 21 when she ran 51.90 and 51.46
    Bol is 6 months younger than SM. I think that's what he meant. At the same age in years and months, SM's PR was 52.23.

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Just a thought here, in case no one has mentioned it; but do all performances on this irregular track count toward road race statistics? What you have here for the 5K is literally a circuit road race.
    I anticipate these performances will be filed under "irregular marks" for "oversized track". I see at least one prominent site has already done so.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Imposdible times?
    Isn
    Isn't Bol's 52.03 faster than SML at same age?

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Just a thought here, in case no one has mentioned it; but do all performances on this irregular track count toward road race statistics? What you have here for the 5K is literally a circuit road race.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Imposdible times?
    Isn
    Impossible times = 45.94, 46.17; 51.46, 51.58. When Bol breaks 51.60, we can resume the discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Human nature.
    All 3 (KW, SM, DM) worked super hard to win global titles and run impossible times. They have. Bol has not.
    I really hope you're right and they still have unfinished business (more titles), but the times that ran are, paradoxically, . . . discouraging.
    Imposdible times?
    Isn

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied

Good luck with the sub-52, but I certainly see SM not in the race. She'll be winning something else.
    The 4x4?? Any other event and she wont come away with the Gold in the next two years. Paris is another story.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

I have a different outlandish prediction: In the 2022 or 2023 WC final, Bol will run sub-52 in the final but McLaughlin won't.
    Because McLaughlin would have either run sub 51 or would have came second to SMU/Athing Mu in the 400m thus not running the 400m hurdles. My opinion of course. Could we see Sydney start to focus on the flat 400? .

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    I have a different outlandish prediction: In the 2022 or 2023 WC final, Bol will run sub-52 in the final but McLaughlin won't.
    Good luck with the sub-52, but I certainly see SM not in the race. She'll be winning something else.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    You're right, everyone is motivated by different goals.
    Staying ahead of Benjamin seems like a negative goal - don't lose. Do you think he will run sub-46 again?
    Muhammad, as you mentioned, was 'chasing' Sydney, even as she was beating her.
    Do you think SMcL will PR before the Paris Olympics?
    I dont predict the times to be immediately replicated (I would love to be wrong!), But a slow down in times doesn't mean they loose their dominance. But we have to not forget the circumstances that brought Muhammad/McLaughlin to their fast times are also what dragged Bol down to her best.

Based on what we have seen, the women seem to be special in that they "need" each other to run other worldly times. Whether thats McLaughlin/Muhammad/Bol or Bol/Little.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Yep, Candace Hill and Kaylin Whitney were prodigies, not to mention Mary Cain and all the other distance prodigies.
    So were Raevyn Rogers and Allyson Felix. And that guy named Bolt. And that Ingebrigtsen fella.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
    Ill make an outlandish statement here, Bol wont ever beat a healthy SM in a final. Muhammed now is a different story and I very much think she'll retain her title in Eugene.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X