Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Note if Maggie Ewen (currently leading the SP after 3 rounds) wins here, she gets a wild card to Eugene next year.
    Quite a prize package for everyone.

The DL Championship.
    The trophy.
    The money.
    The ticket to Eugene.

Comment

• Depending on the construction of the HJ apron, will they get a bounce?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Dare I say, we just saw next year's WC Champ,
        Still needs to race Hassan who I think is hard to beat in the 5000m. Have Hassan and Niyonsaba ever raced?

Comment

• Yay for Ewen! On to Eugene!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Yay for Ewen! On to Eugene!
            All of her 4 legal throws farther than anyone else's best today

Comment

• Can’t find DL standings on the site anywhere. Am I to assume that standings are irrelevant since the winner takes the seasons’ prize? Didn’t used to be that way, did it? Changed in the past few years?

Also, announcer said Crouser doesn’t get the free pass for Worlds for next year as DL winner since Kovacs has it as defending champ. Is that accurate? I remember discussion that USATF would have to decide. Didn’t we have that issue with Kori Carter or something a few champs ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                Still needs to race Hassan who I think is hard to beat in the 5000m. Have Hassan and Niyonsaba ever raced?
                I think she'll beat Hassan next year. She's relatively new to these distances and has come on leaps and bounds.
                Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                  Can’t find DL standings on the site anywhere. Am I to assume that standings are irrelevant since the winner takes the seasons’ prize? Didn’t used to be that way, did it? Changed in the past few years?
                  2017 was the first year where the diamond league final winner was crowned the overall winner

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                  Also, announcer said Crouser doesn’t get the free pass for Worlds for next year as DL winner since Kovacs has it as defending champ. Is that accurate? I remember discussion that USATF would have to decide. Didn’t we have that issue with Kori Carter or something a few champs ago?
                  Since 2012 (when IAAF granted the DL winner a wild card) USATF's rule has been if the reigning world champ is American, they take precedent with the wild card. See post #57 of this topic linking to the USATF rule from 2019: https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...15#post1722715

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                    Cranny is lucky it was an oversized track or she would've been lapped.
                    I got "lapped"...in my very 1st marathon!
                    It was the 1973 AAU race in Burlingame and San Mateo.
                    It had a 5 mile loop through residential areas, with the final 1.2 offshoot that ended on the San Mateo HS track!
                    Doug Schmenk (sp?) won it in 2:15:21.
                    I had stomach problems--had to make a porta-potty stops on laps 2, 3, and 4--and ran m,y slowest ever time of 4:02.45!
                    I finished 263rd out of 311 finishers!

The leaders lapped me TWICE!!
                    LOL

Comment

• ATK Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                        Can’t find DL standings on the site anywhere.
                        https://www.diamondleague.com/filead...ssels_2021.pdf

Comment

• Its only purpose was to seed this meet?

Comment

• They showed McD's journal. She has drawn pictures of clearances also. Too cool.

Comment

• I miss Carl Lewis sometimes.
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• On the other hand, we're being treated to a good wHJ
                                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Working...
                                X