replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Conversely, if I had to get rid of events? PV
    I KNEW you were a Commie Pinko!

Leave a comment:

• bobguild76
    replied
    Ugh!!! All of them.

But I have a special love for the distances in the OG & WC, especially the marathon, because it requires so much tactical savvy. I think Frank Shorter once said it seems the marathon lasts 30 minutes or so, as he was so focused.

The the 100 meters, because of the buildup through the rounds, and BAM! it's over in the blink of an eye.

The Shot is also up there because of the intensity and camaraderie all wrapped into one.

But the 4x400 is always a highlight.

Leave a comment:

• G.Ahearn
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Back a half-century ago when I was still a rookie, my wife and I drove over to Berkeley with T&FN owner Bert Nelson for a dual meet. On the way back he asked her, "So what's your favorite event?" and she said without hesitation, "The mile relay."

He asked, "Is it because the team score so often comes down to the 4x4, or that it's 4 laps of non-stop excitement, or what?"

Her response: "Because it's the last event and I get to go home."
    the Beauteous Babs?

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Put a crossbow to my heart and tell me I have to pick only three events to watch -- 4x400, HT, TJ

Conversely, if I had to get rid of events? PV, any relay longer than 4x400

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Wrong thread?
    Oops!

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5
    Former 45.30 400m runner Willie McLaughlin from Manhattan College, his son Taylor and their daughter/sister Sydney.
    Wrong thread?

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    To me, it's like asking which of your many children is your favorite. Can't do it, although after a meet, I usually like to select a favorite event from that particular meet.
    I'm with you here, although I'm not actually a parent!

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    400, Triple, 200

Between Taylor, Clay, Tamgho, Pichardo, Zango, Rojas and Ibarguen, this past decade has arguably been the overall greatest for the triple jump.
    Because of injuries, there perhaps haven't been quite as many direct competitions between the males mentioned here as I'm sure many of us would have liked to have seen (other than between Taylor and Claye of course). Then again, if Tamgho had been able to stay fit, Zango would have had to have found another coach!

Leave a comment:

• reggaeirie1234
    replied
    Nothing compares to the 200m.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleRBar
    replied
    To me, it's like asking which of your many children is your favorite. Can't do it, although after a meet, I usually like to select a favorite event from that particular meet.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
    80m Hurdles, 4x220y relay, Standing Hop, Step & Jump
    Oh, if we're going there, it's the 180 low hurdles, the event that apparently I was built for.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    80m Hurdles, 4x220y relay, Standing Hop, Step & Jump

True fans of T&F should respect all events throughout the history of the sport.

Leave a comment:

• rhymans
    replied
    One of Britain's finest ever statisticians, Ian Hodge, when asked what event in athletics was his favourite, responded "anything that moves"

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    400, Triple, 200

Between Taylor, Clay, Tamgho, Pichardo, Zango, Rojas and Ibarguen, this past decade has arguably been the overall greatest for the triple jump.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X