• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellinzona Galà dei Castelli 2021

Startlist available under

https://www.swiss-athletics.ch/de/live-resultate/

Then click on Bellinzona 14. Sep.

Some honorable mentions
    100m W with SAFP/Aleia Hobbs, Morrison, Kambundji, Del Ponte also there.
    100m M De Grasse vs Kerley: Gatlin also there
    400m Hurdles M with Dos Santos and Mägi

+ some more

Originally posted by TrackFanSUI View Post
    100 - De Grasse vs Kerley
    This never gets old.

Comment

Id love to see Gatlin go out with a win. I don’t expect it but would love to see him win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Id love to see Gatlin go out with a win.
        There's gotta be a Netflix movie in there somewhere!

Comment

Live stream with no geo-blocking from 7.50pm local time - https://www.ubs-athletics.fans/

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
            Live stream with no geo-blocking from 7.50pm local time - https://www.ubs-athletics.fans/
            here's what I get when I click the link:

Error 1020

Ray ID: 68e223117cf46450 • 2021-09-13 14:41:32 UTCAccess denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

here's what I get when I click the link:

Error 1020

Ray ID: 68e223117cf46450 • 2021-09-13 14:41:32 UTCAccess denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.
              Many websites have that and whenever I get it it's usually a very temporary failure of the site to load. Just tested the link and it's working fine for me.

Comment

It may be working in the UK but I get the 1020 message in Oklahoma..

Comment

I get the same error. Where is your IP? That may be the issue.

Comment

For those
                    ubs-athletics isn't working tomorrow.
                    ​​​​​​
                    Try.

​​​​​​https://www.srf.ch/sport/resultcente...eneric/1737054
                    ​​​​
                    Swiss national Broadcaster SRF
                    It should work with a Swiss VPN

Edit: Try https://www.ubs-athletics.fans/ with a Swiss or UK/European VPN too before trying SRF
                    Last edited by TrackFanSUI; 09-13-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Is it Lea Sprunger's last farewell, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post
                        Is it Lea Sprunger's last farewell, right?
                        Yes, it will be very emotional for her. I almost wish Bol weren't in the race, so Sprunger could win her farewell. But they are very good friends so I understand why Bol wants to be there.

I remember watching this race last year. Bol defeated Sprunger but it was close. That was before Bol was able to manage 15 steps throughout.

I looked at the entry list. Only 6 entries. Tkachuk is in lane 3, Bol in lane 4, and Sprunger in lane 5.

In the men's 100 it is Gatlin in 3, Kerley in 4, and DeGrasse in 5.
                        Last edited by Awsi Dooger; 09-13-2021, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                          I looked at the entry list. Only 6 entries. Tkachuk is in lane 3, Bol in lane 4, and Sprunger in lane 5.

In the men's 100 it is Gatlin in 3, Kerley in 4, and DeGrasse in 5.
                          Yeah, it's only a 6 lane track (with 8 lanes in the home straight).

Comment

Side note: Alexandra Burghardt, the GER number 1 this season, who runs here, did a very successful test with the GER national bobsled team recently, and they are now trying to find a way to get her on one of the bobs for the winter games.

This is quite interesting, as Burghardt is 182/6ft tall, and up until last year, was quite slender. She's bulked up these last 2 seasons doing a ton of cross fit type work in her recovery when injured, and is certainly stronger, but I wouldn't have had her down still as strong and 'compact' enough to be good at bob'. But as the GER team are one of the best, they obviously know what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                              Side note: Alexandra Burghardt, the GER number 1 this season, who runs here, did a very successful test with the GER national bobsled team recently, and they are now trying to find a way to get her on one of the bobs for the winter games.

This is quite interesting, as Burghardt is 182/6ft tall, and up until last year, was quite slender. She's bulked up these last 2 seasons doing a ton of cross fit type work in her recovery when injured, and is certainly stronger, but I wouldn't have had her down still as strong and 'compact' enough to be good at bob'. But as the GER team are one of the best, they obviously know what they are doing.
                              Interesting. I remember she looked huge compared to the rest of the team when introduced before the 4 x 100 final. It was the greatest size discrepancy of any team in terms of one athlete in relation to the other three. She also seemed to improve quite a bit this year.

This is probably a case of the Germans with speed envy. They lost the bobsled world championships at home this year to the American team of Kaillie Humphries and Lolo Jones. German sleds finished 2, 3 and 4. There is a big possibility that Humphries won't be eligible for Beijing. She previously represented Canada then switched to the United States. But her citizenship is being delayed, and therefore eligibility. Humphries has been a big thorn in the Germans' side for many years, regardless of which country she was representing. Double gold medalist and five time world champion. If she's eligible she'll be the favorite for gold in both women's events. The Germans won't need Burghardt if Humphries is absent. But if she's there they rationalize that the improved start time could make just enough difference.

Humphries' eligibility status will be a big story as Beijing nears.

Comment

Working...
                              X