Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was that ? Shouldn’t have DeGrasse been DQed? He even laughed about it. I know Meet refs disgression but that was blatant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

That has been a long time coming. I wish he had skipped football. I’m sure he’d have done this years ago.
      Totally agree! Now if he had only done it this August 5th. That would have been nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

That has been a long time coming. I wish he had skipped football. I’m sure he’d have done this years ago.
        Agreed, long time coming. Allen got stalled for several years. In 2019 he never went below 13.33. Until this season he hadn't been below 13.23 since 2017. All those knee and achilles problems. Maybe other injuries that I don't remember.

It's been such a steady progression the past 6 weeks. You rarely see this type of thing following the Olympics. Today was the best start I've ever seen from Allen. Not quite a Grant Holloway start but he put similar gap on Parchment and maintained all the way.

Now he just has to find a way to begin next season in let's say 13.25-13.30 territory instead of dropping back further. Field figures to be more difficult. McLeod will be back and motivated. Not sure about Shubenkov. Daniel Roberts figures to bounce back after only breaking 13.20 twice all season

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post

Totally agree! Now if he had only done it this August 5th. That would have been nice too.
          So does this push him ahead of Holloway and Parchment for Event Top Ranker?
          His season has been consistent, and he's beaten Parchment 1 or 2 or 3 times since Tokyo!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

So does this push him ahead of Holloway and Parchment for Event Top Ranker?
            His season has been consistent, and he's beaten Parchment 1 or 2 or 3 times since Tokyo!
            0-3 record vs Holloway (who also has Olympic Silver and the World Lead)
            3-4 record vs Parchment (who also has Olympic Gold)
            5-1 record vs Levy (who also has Olympic Bronze)

So I can only see Allen ahead of Levy, but not Parchment or Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Agreed, long time coming. Allen got stalled for several years. In 2019 he never went below 13.33. Until this season he hadn't been below 13.23 since 2017. All those knee and achilles problems. Maybe other injuries that I don't remember.

It's been such a steady progression the past 6 weeks. You rarely see this type of thing following the Olympics. Today was the best start I've ever seen from Allen. Not quite a Grant Holloway start but he put similar gap on Parchment and maintained all the way.

Now he just has to find a way to begin next season in let's say 13.25-13.30 territory instead of dropping back further. Field figures to be more difficult. McLeod will be back and motivated. Not sure about Shubenkov. Daniel Roberts figures to bounce back after only breaking 13.20 twice all season
              I feel like Shubenkov will be back with a vengeance. Now a new father of 2, I expect him to be in the mix. While he’s had the worst luck ever the last 3 Olympics, he’s been a medalist and champion in the last 4 WCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                What was that ? Shouldn’t have DeGrasse been DQed? He even laughed about it. I know Meet refs disgression but that was blatant.
                I think it was because of the noise. People are standing closely behind the home straight.
                Even the man with the green card smiled

Comment

Lea Sprunger ran a good second to Bol and had a very emotional farewell. There was a tribute to her on the infield. She wrote "Merci" on one hand and "Thank You" on the other, pointing palms to the camera. Lea posted some good photos on her social media especially Twitter. I saw an interview in which she said she wants to remain involved in athletics in some capacity, including the Lausanne meet.

Comment

Working...
                  X