Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awsi Dooger
    replied
    Lea Sprunger ran a good second to Bol and had a very emotional farewell. There was a tribute to her on the infield. She wrote "Merci" on one hand and "Thank You" on the other, pointing palms to the camera. Lea posted some good photos on her social media especially Twitter. I saw an interview in which she said she wants to remain involved in athletics in some capacity, including the Lausanne meet.

Leave a comment:

• TrackFanSUI
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
    What was that ? Shouldn’t have DeGrasse been DQed? He even laughed about it. I know Meet refs disgression but that was blatant.
    I think it was because of the noise. People are standing closely behind the home straight.
    Even the man with the green card smiled

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Agreed, long time coming. Allen got stalled for several years. In 2019 he never went below 13.33. Until this season he hadn't been below 13.23 since 2017. All those knee and achilles problems. Maybe other injuries that I don't remember.

It's been such a steady progression the past 6 weeks. You rarely see this type of thing following the Olympics. Today was the best start I've ever seen from Allen. Not quite a Grant Holloway start but he put similar gap on Parchment and maintained all the way.

Now he just has to find a way to begin next season in let's say 13.25-13.30 territory instead of dropping back further. Field figures to be more difficult. McLeod will be back and motivated. Not sure about Shubenkov. Daniel Roberts figures to bounce back after only breaking 13.20 twice all season
    I feel like Shubenkov will be back with a vengeance. Now a new father of 2, I expect him to be in the mix. While he’s had the worst luck ever the last 3 Olympics, he’s been a medalist and champion in the last 4 WCs.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post

So does this push him ahead of Holloway and Parchment for Event Top Ranker?
    His season has been consistent, and he's beaten Parchment 1 or 2 or 3 times since Tokyo!
    0-3 record vs Holloway (who also has Olympic Silver and the World Lead)
    3-4 record vs Parchment (who also has Olympic Gold)
    5-1 record vs Levy (who also has Olympic Bronze)

So I can only see Allen ahead of Levy, but not Parchment or Holloway.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post

Totally agree! Now if he had only done it this August 5th. That would have been nice too.
    So does this push him ahead of Holloway and Parchment for Event Top Ranker?
    His season has been consistent, and he's beaten Parchment 1 or 2 or 3 times since Tokyo!

Leave a comment:

• Awsi Dooger
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post

That has been a long time coming. I wish he had skipped football. I’m sure he’d have done this years ago.
    Agreed, long time coming. Allen got stalled for several years. In 2019 he never went below 13.33. Until this season he hadn't been below 13.23 since 2017. All those knee and achilles problems. Maybe other injuries that I don't remember.

It's been such a steady progression the past 6 weeks. You rarely see this type of thing following the Olympics. Today was the best start I've ever seen from Allen. Not quite a Grant Holloway start but he put similar gap on Parchment and maintained all the way.

Now he just has to find a way to begin next season in let's say 13.25-13.30 territory instead of dropping back further. Field figures to be more difficult. McLeod will be back and motivated. Not sure about Shubenkov. Daniel Roberts figures to bounce back after only breaking 13.20 twice all season

Leave a comment:

• Fortius19
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post

That has been a long time coming. I wish he had skipped football. I’m sure he’d have done this years ago.
    Totally agree! Now if he had only done it this August 5th. That would have been nice too.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguarclaws
    replied
    What was that ? Shouldn’t have DeGrasse been DQed? He even laughed about it. I know Meet refs disgression but that was blatant.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    SAFP 10.78: https://youtu.be/DReJukAfjOo

De Grasse, Kerley: https://youtu.be/txGtklq5dV8

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Devon Allen--12.99 (0.7)
    Levy 13.11
    Parchment 13.12

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    Devon Allen--12.99 (0.7)
    Levy 13.11
    Parchment 13.12
    Well deserved D.A. Hopefully can ride off that confidence and momentum heading into next year.

Leave a comment:

• Awsi Dooger
    replied
    Originally posted by steveu View Post
    DeGrasse 10.06, Kerley 10.11, Gatlin 10.13, into an 0.1 wind
    They went out of their way not to disqualify DeGrasse. Blatant false start. Even he was laughing about it.

Leave a comment:

• Awsi Dooger
    replied
    Devon Allen--12.99 (0.7)
    Levy 13.11
    Parchment 13.12
    That was wild because the first flash on the board was 13.03. Allen bent over in frustration, then motioned to the camera with fingers barely apart, to indicate he just missed. Only after he was congratulating the other competitors did they point out the board to him, with the corrected time. Allen started bouncing around to celebrate. Tim Hutchings on the commentary saw the 12.99 long before Allen did.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Zendro View Post

By you maybe. He was a consistent 9.9 sprinter the season he retired and went to play in the NFL..
    Not at all. I was meaning he doesn't get the attention his special talent deserves. I won't be surprised if he runs a sub-9"70 someday.

Leave a comment:

• Zendro
    replied
    Devon Allen--12.99 (0.7)
    Levy 13.11
    Parchment 13.12
    He deserved this. Welcome to the sub 13 club Mr Allen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X