Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be your next (=max 2m/s wind) sub 9"70 sprinters?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be your next (=max 2m/s wind) sub 9"70 sprinters?...

To my humble (and may be wrong) intuition: Christian Coleman, Fred Kerley, Marvin Bracy. I admire very much Marvin Bracy, who deserves, to my mind, much more attentions. Same profile as Christian Coleman. Watch his feet rebound while he is sprinting. Extraordinary.
    Last edited by 79; 09-13-2021, 11:26 AM.

I would say maybe Fred Kerley. But right now none of them look to me like they could develop into regular sub 9.70 s sprinters. I would add that it will be interesting to watch Erriyon Knighton's development.

Comment

Considering their have been only 5 sub 9.70 times ever, it is safe to say the next regular sub 9.70 runner will be the first.

I put my money on Coleman to be the next regular sub 9.80 runner though.

Comment

Grant Holloway!

Comment

Even Bolt wasn't a regular sub 9.70 runner.

Regular sub 9.80 though? I'll start with Bromell and Coleman as they are the only two sub 9.80 sprinters in the past 6 years.

Comment

There has never been a regular sub 9.7 sprinter.

Comment

There has never been a regular sub 9.70 sprinter. Bolt mostly ran those times in finals and like what, he did it in Beijing, Berlin and London. Did he do it anywhere else? Blake & Gay ran it once yeah? Coleman to my mind could be a regular 9.7 guy given his superior ability in the first 30. Brommel seemingly hasnt run 9.7 that much.
              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

SUB-9.70?!
                That's a tough crowd to join.
                Only 5 legal times in history, and, as mentioned above, even Bolt wasn't a 'regular'!

1 9.58 +0.9 Usain BOLT Berlin 2009
                2 9.63 +1.5 Usain BOLT London 2012
                3 9.69 0.0 Usain BOLT Beijing 2008
                3 9.69 +2.0 Tyson GAY Shanghai 2009
                3 9.69 -0.1 Yohan BLAKE Lausanne 2012
                But I still maintain that G Holloway could do it. He's the most talented sprinter-(or)-hurdler-(or)-jumper on the planet, with the possible exception of Rojas in the TJ.
                Last edited by Atticus; 09-13-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah Holloway has some range. But 9.7 sub, nah i don’t see that. Maybe 9.85 or so. I would say Coleman or Kerley. Kerley still has some form issues. If he were to clean up his form , just a little. He runs wide(no-legged and his arm patterns are a little wide. If he were to go more north south with his leg and arm action maybe. Kerley start could be just a fraction better it would help too.

Comment

Bo-legged is what I meant to say. If he were to be more in a straight line in the lane then , yes. Noah Lyles has nice sprint form after 40 meters or so, but he really needs a better start and a cleaner drive phase. Same with DeGrasse.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                      Bo(w)-legged is what I meant to say. If he were to be more in a straight line in the lane then.
                      He was born bow-legged. Do you think his foot-falls are not in line? They are for him.

Comment

I would say Fred Kerley too

Mini Militia App Lock
                        Last edited by avensis; 10-09-2021, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Though there has never been a regular sub 9.70 sprinter, note that before this season, there was never a regular sub 10.70 sprinter for the women either. FloJo was essentially Bolt with only 3 marks under there, also all in championship settings. ETH now has 4 times, 3 in one-off races. Unless I missed it, a total of 0 people here predicted something like that entering this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                            There has never been a regular sub 9.70 sprinter. Bolt mostly ran those times in finals and like what, he did it in Beijing, Berlin and London. Did he do it anywhere else? Blake & Gay ran it once yeah? Coleman to my mind could be a regular 9.7 guy given his superior ability in the first 30. Brommel seemingly hasnt run 9.7 that much.
                            In fairness to Bolt, that Brussels 9.77 was worth its weight in sub 9.7

Comment

Dunno what "regular" part of sub 9.7 means but my guess it is some kid none of us has ever heard of yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X