Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be your next (=max 2m/s wind) sub 9"70 sprinters?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    SUB-9.70?!
    That's a tough crowd to join.
    Only 5 legal times in history, and, as mentioned above, even Bolt wasn't a 'regular'!

1 9.58 +0.9 Usain BOLT Berlin 2009
    2 9.63 +1.5 Usain BOLT London 2012
    3 9.69 0.0 Usain BOLT Beijing 2008
    3 9.69 +2.0 Tyson GAY Shanghai 2009
    3 9.69 -0.1 Yohan BLAKE Lausanne 2012
    But I still maintain that G Holloway could do it. He's the most talented sprinter-(or)-hurdler-(or)-jumper on the planet, with the possible exception of Rojas in the TJ.
    Last edited by Atticus; 09-13-2021, 03:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied
    There has never been a regular sub 9.70 sprinter. Bolt mostly ran those times in finals and like what, he did it in Beijing, Berlin and London. Did he do it anywhere else? Blake & Gay ran it once yeah? Coleman to my mind could be a regular 9.7 guy given his superior ability in the first 30. Brommel seemingly hasnt run 9.7 that much.

Leave a comment:

• reggaeirie1234
    replied
    There has never been a regular sub 9.7 sprinter.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Even Bolt wasn't a regular sub 9.70 runner.

Regular sub 9.80 though? I'll start with Bromell and Coleman as they are the only two sub 9.80 sprinters in the past 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Grant Holloway!

Leave a comment:

• highjumpfan
    replied
    Considering their have been only 5 sub 9.70 times ever, it is safe to say the next regular sub 9.70 runner will be the first.

I put my money on Coleman to be the next regular sub 9.80 runner though.

Leave a comment:

• steve
    replied
    I would say maybe Fred Kerley. But right now none of them look to me like they could develop into regular sub 9.70 s sprinters. I would add that it will be interesting to watch Erriyon Knighton's development.

Leave a comment:

• Who will be your next (=max 2m/s wind) sub 9"70 sprinters?...

To my humble (and may be wrong) intuition: Christian Coleman, Fred Kerley, Marvin Bracy. I admire very much Marvin Bracy, who deserves, to my mind, much more attentions. Same profile as Christian Coleman. Watch his feet rebound while he is sprinting. Extraordinary.
    Last edited by 79; 09-13-2021, 12:26 PM.
Working...
X