Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be your next (=max 2m/s wind) sub 9"70 sprinters?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paced
    replied
    I think Coleman will go 9.6-low in Eugene with even a modest tailwind.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

For obvious reason, I believe Christian Coleman will struggle when he returns to T&F next year.
    If he's still in training, he'll be rusty for starters, but he'll come around to maybe a high-9.8x once again. Then the hard job begins.

I want Gatlin to stay for next year. In the right race, with just enough wind to push him, he'll be the second 40-year-old to break 10.00. Collins at 40 ran a PR 9.93 with 1.9 wind.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Bromell just said he plans to run some 4x4s next year which may indicate he'll be working on his strength and 2nd half of the race a bit more. Coleman seems to look as if he is dragging himself to the finish line while Bromell seems way more efficient and smooth, which makes me lead towards Bromell getting to 10.6x first. If Coleman returns healthy and fast though, next year should be pretty interesting

Bromell top 5 & Top 10 average: 9.802 & 9.845
    Coleman top 5 & Top 10 average = 9.804 = 9.857

Because of Bromell's injury occurring when Coleman rose to prominence, they have only ever raced twice: 2015 NCAAs and 2016 Olympic Trials.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Bad question considering history the past 15 years.

Christian Coleman will be the next guy to be on the 9.6 list tho.
    For obvious reason, I believe Christian Coleman will struggle when he returns to T&F next year.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Infact I was meaning regular wind (wind max +2m/s)... Sorry for the misunderstanding. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    Last edited by 79; 09-16-2021, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    Bad question considering history the past 15 years.

Christian Coleman will be the next guy to be on the 9.6 list tho.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    Marcell Jacobs will be your man
    I think he will run 9.7 myself next season.

Leave a comment:

• Juicy News
    replied
    Marcell Jacobs will be your man

Leave a comment:

• jc203
    replied
    Dunno what "regular" part of sub 9.7 means but my guess it is some kid none of us has ever heard of yet.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
    There has never been a regular sub 9.70 sprinter. Bolt mostly ran those times in finals and like what, he did it in Beijing, Berlin and London. Did he do it anywhere else? Blake & Gay ran it once yeah? Coleman to my mind could be a regular 9.7 guy given his superior ability in the first 30. Brommel seemingly hasnt run 9.7 that much.
    In fairness to Bolt, that Brussels 9.77 was worth its weight in sub 9.7

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Though there has never been a regular sub 9.70 sprinter, note that before this season, there was never a regular sub 10.70 sprinter for the women either. FloJo was essentially Bolt with only 3 marks under there, also all in championship settings. ETH now has 4 times, 3 in one-off races. Unless I missed it, a total of 0 people here predicted something like that entering this year.

Leave a comment:

• avensis
    replied
    I would say Fred Kerley too

Mini Militia App Lock
    Last edited by avensis; 10-09-2021, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
    Bo(w)-legged is what I meant to say. If he were to be more in a straight line in the lane then.
    He was born bow-legged. Do you think his foot-falls are not in line? They are for him.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguarclaws
    replied
    Bo-legged is what I meant to say. If he were to be more in a straight line in the lane then , yes. Noah Lyles has nice sprint form after 40 meters or so, but he really needs a better start and a cleaner drive phase. Same with DeGrasse.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguarclaws
    replied
    Yeah Holloway has some range. But 9.7 sub, nah i donโ€™t see that. Maybe 9.85 or so. I would say Coleman or Kerley. Kerley still has some form issues. If he were to clean up his form , just a little. He runs wide(no-legged and his arm patterns are a little wide. If he were to go more north south with his leg and arm action maybe. Kerley start could be just a fraction better it would help too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X