• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallahassee considers bid for 2026 World XC Championship

https://tallahasseereports.com/2021/...P10aUTNV3gjrzw

Good luck....no one else wants it.

Comment

3-hour drive? Maybe . . . unless, of course, it'll be streamed, which it will be, so you can actually see more of it.

Comment

It's a good spectator course, at least as spectators have previously been able to access it, jogging back and forth inside the main loop.

Will see if that lasts.

Comment

Speaking of XC, is the championship still happening next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
            Speaking of XC, is the championship still happening next year?
            Yes, Bathurst Australia on 19 Feb.

US qualifier is in San Diego on 8 Jan.

Comment

A LOT will have to change with Aussie border restrictions for WXC to go ahead in Feb. Doubt athletics has as much pull as tennis (or Hollywood stars) on getting exemptions from current two week hotel quarantine requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                A LOT will have to change with Aussie border restrictions for WXC to go ahead in Feb. Doubt athletics has as much pull as tennis (or Hollywood stars) on getting exemptions from current two week hotel quarantine requirements.
                My thought as well. Given the extremely stringent requirements, i will not be surprised if it is cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  3-hour drive? Maybe . . . unless, of course, it'll be streamed, which it will be, so you can actually see more of it.
                  I was thinking we could all just bunk with you! Maybe set up a tent city in the yard, like an old guy's version of Woodstock XC.

Comment

I'm just under 4 hours away so I can pick up the riff raff assuming you get along with snakes a lizards (and I'm talking inside our house).

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                      Postponed to 2023 as per Athletics Australia's twitter account.

Sorry, have no idea how to copy twitter links.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                        I'm just under 4 hours away so I can pick up the riff raff assuming you get along with snakes a lizards (and I'm talking inside our house).
                        Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                        I was thinking we could all just bunk with you! Maybe set up a tent city in the yard, like an old guy's version of Woodstock XC.
                        You're welcome to bunk with my snakes, lizards, raccoons, possums. We abut a section of woods and have a stream of 'interesting' fauna parading through all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post

Postponed to 2023 as per Athletics Australia's twitter account.

Sorry, have no idea how to copy twitter links.
                          A wise move....

@WorldAthletics
                          & the Local Organising Committee for the World Athletics Cross Country Championships Bathurst 2022 have agreed to postpone the championships to Saturday, 18 February, 2023.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AthsAust/...35777691144193

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

You're welcome to bunk with my snakes, lizards, raccoons, possums. We abut a section of woods and have a stream of 'interesting' fauna parading through all the time.
                            Outside our house? Gators in the pond right next to us. Bobcat(s) in the conservation area next to the pond and all sorts of fun loving venomous snakes. Inside the house we have non venomous snakes and lizards. If you're a dog or cat lover (bobcats aside), your out of luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X