Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The athletes you missed the most this 2021 season?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Someone who probably would have been better off going to college and run there.

Leave a comment:

• huntinwr
    replied
    Alexa Efraimson. At least the 2015 version.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Per Andersen View Post
    Thomas Rohler.
    Rohler's a good shout. I almost forgot about him, such has been his up & down championship form since Rio.

It would have bene nice to see Schippers in good form, to add further spice to the w200m.

The big one for me though, was in-form KJT. She's had such bad luck, and yet it was obvious from the first event she had managed to fight back into some sort of shape. But that blasted injury.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Paced View Post
    I echo Almaz Ayana. I'm so confused by how her career has gone post-2016.
    I've read she had recurrent tibial periostits and operations on her two knees in 2018...

Leave a comment:

• Paced
    replied
    I echo Almaz Ayana. I'm so confused by how her career has gone post-2016.

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    Derek Drouin and Thomas Rohler.

Leave a comment:

• Retread
    replied
    Thanks NotDutra5. I did not know Brazier was injured. Hope he is back to old form next year to compete for gold in Eugene. Also, I hope C.Taylor will be back and Will Claye will be all the way back to his old form at Eugene. Can't also wait to see how Knighton develops.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    These are women with DSD.
    A point many seem to miss. They are indeed women. They just need to run against similarly advantaged women.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

You do realise how ignorant you sound? Regardless of whether you believe there should be restrictions, you can still write it sensitively. These are women with DSD.
    It isn't their fault but they don't belong in women's sports.

I will say this...it is good that Niyonsaba tries to run as fast as possible every time...something Semenya hardly ever did...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-19-2021, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    The DSDs have no business in the women's races.
    You do realise how ignorant you sound? Regardless of whether you believe there should be restrictions, you can still write it sensitively. These are women with DSD.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Definitely Christian Taylor.
    Absolutely - by a mile.
    Then Coleman and Brazier.

People who were out/off at Tokyo - Kendricks and LaVillenie, Lyles and Norman, Ajee Wilson, Coburn, Morris, Price, KJT . . .

Leave a comment:

• KDFINE
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    He ran the 400m twice this year in the UK back in May, only hitting times of 48.27 and 48.01. I know for the past 2ish years, including this summer, he has been focusing on photography
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like he's moving on with life.

Leave a comment:

• bobguild76
    replied
    Definitely Christian Taylor.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
    Being a New Yorker I've missed Paul Dedewo. He ran some in '19 but i've never seen anything about his retirement or injury or whatever.
    He ran the 400m twice this year in the UK back in May, only hitting times of 48.27 and 48.01. I know for the past 2ish years, including this summer, he has been focusing on photography
    Last edited by ATK; 09-18-2021, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KDFINE
    replied
    The injured: Christian Taylor, Thomas Rohler, Donovan Brazier Being a New Yorker I've missed Paul Dedewo. He ran some in '19 but i've never seen anything about his retirement or injury or whatever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X