Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically, non wild card team places from the US Trials will go to the first 3 in an event who are not a current World Champion providing that they are qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post

I think this is the likely outcome, even if not explicitly stated - I can’t see selectors choosing to leave a spot open, when the guy sitting at home is the current DL champion…
      There wouldn't be a spot open as, in a case in which Coleman was top 3, the 4th place finisher at the OT will go.

Kerley's going to have to qualify no matter what scenario we can possibly come up with. If Coleman runs, Kerley has to be within the next top 3 and if Coleman doesn't run, Kerley has to be within the top 3.

With that all said, I'll be surprised if Coleman does run in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        m400 - Cherry would be smart to at least run the semis to show his cards to the relay selectors.

w400 - Hayes will like this and probably won't contest the Final (?).

w400H - I could see Muhammad using hers to try and gain an edge on Sydney.
        m400m - Why would Cherry need to prove anything for the relay? He is the 1st or 2nd best 400m runner in the country (with R. Benjamin)

w400 - Hayes runs the 200m as she did this year after already winning the 400m at Trials

w400H - Muhammad runs the flat 400m and maybe 200m as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
          Kerley's going to have to qualify no matter what scenario we can possibly come up with. ....
          Unfortunately, there is a scenario: Coleman gets serious injury and declares himself out before the meet, in which case the WC devolves to Kerley.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
            m400m - Why would Cherry need to prove anything for the relay? He is the 1st or 2nd best 400m runner in the country (with R. Benjamin)
            If he proves fitness at the Trials he'll be selected for the 400m which will put him in the pool for the relay anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

If he proves fitness at the Trials he'll be selected for the 400m which will put him in the pool for the relay anyway.
              the bar for "proving fitness" is set so low that all he needs to do is show up on the line in heats and false start.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Cherry could throw the shot put at trials and that counts as proving his fitness for the 400m and puts him in the relay pool.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

Unfortunately, there is a scenario: Coleman gets serious injury and declares himself out before the meet, in which case the WC devolves to Kerley.
                  ...or doesn't answer the door again I suppose.

Comment

Remember that Coleman qualified for the 2019 Worlds in both sprints, choosing to run just the 100 in Doha. Since his spot on the 2022 team in the 100 is guaranteed, he might just run the 200 at next year's Nationals to again keep his options open(assuming, of course, that he makes the team in the 200).

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy View Post
                      Remember that Coleman qualified for the 2019 Worlds in both sprints, choosing to run just the 100 in Doha. Since his spot on the 2022 team in the 100 is guaranteed, he might just run the 200 at next year's Nationals to again keep his options open(assuming, of course, that he makes the team in the 200).
                      And making that team will be tough. The landscape of the 200m has drastically changed in the past 2 years. Remember in 2019, I think only 3/8 men in that 200m final had the qualifying standard for worlds. Just this year alone, Bednarek, Kerley, Laird and Knighton have run faster than Coleman's overall PB of 19.85. Lyle's having the bye basically provides no cushion for the rest of the field.

Comment

What are the dates for the 2022 USA outdoor Champs./ Trials ? Please and thank you !

Comment

I presume it will be in Eugene and I've heard nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by rsb3 View Post
                            What are the dates for the 2022 USA outdoor Champs./ Trials ? Please and thank you !
                            Somewhere around June 23-26 I would guess.

Comment

Most likely the weekend after NCAAs at Hayward.

Drove by the new bar and cafe at 15th and Agate yesterday...looks nice.

Comment

It seems interesting to think that either a) the date has not been confirmed yet for 2022, and/or b) no-one on this board knows of it !

Comment

Working...
                                X