Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Marathon selection can be particularly problematic with there often being a lack of head-to-head records, differences between courses and trying to compare a respectable position in a Champs with a faster time in a big city race.
    Very true, which is why Conor Dary is spot on. The best way to replicate the Olympic Marathon is in a Trials environment. Of course, every once in a while, a Sammy Wanjiru comes along and blows that all to pieces!

Comment

Speaking of Marathons, how will Team USA runners be selected for Eugene WC 22?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Speaking of Marathons, how will Team USA runners be selected for Eugene WC 22?
        I'm guessing something similar to what they did for 2019.

https://www.usatf.org/events/2019/ia...-championships (click the link for "Marathon Athlete Selection Procedure")
        The three (3) US athletes for the 2019 IAAF World Championships men’s and women’s marathons will be selected from the three (3) highest placing performances, based on marks set on IAAF-approved courses*, for the period March 7, 2018 through May 5, 2019 inclusive, who accept a position on the team, and provided that each selectee has met at least the IAAF World Championships qualifying standards of 2:16:00 for men and 2:37:00 for women.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
          I'm guessing something similar to what they did for 2019.
          https://www.usatf.org/events/2019/ia...-championships (click the link for "Marathon Athlete Selection Procedure")
          Ok, so that would be

2:11:41 Galen RUPP Sapporo 08 AUG
          2:14:29 CJ ALBERTSON Duluth 19 JUN
          2:16:26 Joseph WHELAN Duluth 19 JUN

so far.

Comment

I'm quite sure that Rupp will want to run the WC in Eugene.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
              I'm quite sure that Rupp will want to run the WC in Eugene.
              Things will change a lot in the next 6 months; I sure hope that 2:11 won't still be top 3.

Comment

Isn't Rupp running the Chicago Marathon? That's a reasonably fast course so he should be able to lower the 2:11....all assuming he is running.

Comment

Rupp might do 2:10 ....the depth in American men's marathon isn't much.

Comment

from a noted marathon guru: <<Don’t expect fast times in Chicago with 60 to 62 dew points expected.>>

Comment

The Chicago Marathon is held on a warm day more times than not. The organizers should schedule it for later in the month, but they like having the event on Columbus Day weekend.

Comment

Going to be brutal....

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago View Post
                          The Chicago Marathon is held on a warm day more times than not. The organizers should schedule it for later in the month, but they like having the event on Columbus Day weekend.
                          Trouble with later in the month it could also snow.

We did the Hinsdale Marathon the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago View Post
                            Indigenous People's Day Weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                              Indigenous People's Day Weekend...
                              That's why I did not get any mail today.!!

Comment

Working...
                              X