Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shalane ran 2:46:39, splitsof 1:23:19 & 1:23:20!!
    Saved herself for Boston, her home turf??
    She was 1st in the 40+ division, and ended 25th woman!

Comment

Zzzzz....the latest look-at-me fad.... only encourages more idiots.
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-10-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Idiots to do what?

Comment

Kiplagat was 80+ in the 2nd half. Oof.

This guy had an even bigger positive split.

Deso, Chalu (ETH)

Bank of America Chicago Marathon

Comment

I thought I knew a lot of American marathoners, but I have no idea who the 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th in men's race (or the 8th in women's) are.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Idiots to do what?
              I'm guessing running multiple marathons close together.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinwr View Post

I'm guessing running multiple marathons close together.
                Why would that make one an idiot?

Comment

Yikes! Is she not allowed to do what she loves? That makes her an idiot? Has she ever been a look-at-me person?

Comment

if it were a retired dentist from Poughkeepsie I could understand your take, but this is one of the U.S.'s running legends, and her "fad" has done nothing but generate positive coverage for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

if it were a retired dentist from Poughkeepsie I could understand your take, but this is one of the U.S.'s running legends, and her "fad" has done nothing but generate positive coverage for the sport.
                      Flanagan can do whatever she wants.. but you would be surprised how many people, including retired dentists from Poughkeepsie, who think running marathons over and over is a great idea..... that is fad I'm referring to....Flanagan is no way the first. But she gets the most publicity.... and what is so positive about it....running 5 marathons in 2 weeks is healthy?

There is a large FB group dedicated to this sort of stuff. They are sort of crazy in their desire for attention. Some of them I know personally. And it has nothing to do with running fast just spending literally all day training.
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-10-2021, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Who cares what Flanagan and these other people do? Other than you that is? They like to run a marathon a week? That's great. Why is that any different than the people across the street who spend weekends on their boats, the guy next to them who golfs in the mornings of each weekend or my cousin who spends his life exploring restaurants mainly in NYC but when he travels in those cities?

I'm sure the rest of the world could find something about how you spend your time kind of odd such as perpetually finding the dark cloud behind nearly any silver lining as well.

Comment

Maybe she's going to move to ultra marathoning. I don't see the big deal. An elite marathoner probably puts in 120 mile weeks anyhow, which is 20 a day if you add a rest day. As she ran even splits, she obviously was focused on just running moderately.

Comment

running 5 marathons in 2 weeks is healthy?
                            That's only 65mi/wk, nothing compared to what elites are running per week. She is certainly doing easy days between.

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                              Maybe she's going to move to ultra marathoning. I don't see the big deal. An elite marathoner probably puts in 120 mile weeks anyhow, which is 20 a day if you add a rest day. As she ran even splits, she obviously was focused on just running moderately.
                              There's world of difference between running 120 miles/week and racing 120 miles/week and anyone who has trained for distance running knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

Super race for Emma Bates. Bodes well for her in next 3 global champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X