Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    And as usual you completely missed the important point.
    The ad hominems should be beneath your dignity.

Comment

• So, it is not just female athletes who are under pressure to keep their weight down. https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/21/sport...cmd/index.html

I suspect there is a lot of room left to really understand optimal weight for athletes and the trade offs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
        I suspect there is a lot of room left to really understand optimal weight for athletes and the trade offs.
        and obviously, there are many 'optimal weights' for everyone, depending on what they want to do.

I was very happy with my weight 3 months ago, got sick, lost 15 pounds, and now I am very happy with that weight now. Plus now I can eat whatever I want and not gain a pound. I don't recommend my 'diet', but I'm healthy and happy now.
        Atticus
        Last edited by Atticus; 12-22-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

and obviously, there are many 'optimal weights' for everyone, depending on what they want to do.

…..
          Oregon/Nike’s error was in believing that they had the technology to determine that optimal weight where strength would not be compromised. That would seem to be a very fertile area for sports medicine research.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Oregon/Nike’s error was in believing that they had the technology to determine that optimal weight where strength would not be compromised. That would seem to be a very fertile area for sports medicine research.
            And they failed to recognize that the optimal weight and bodyfat for one athlete might be very wrong for another athlete with the same/similar height.

Look at David Oliver and Aries Merritt, for example. Only 2 inches difference in height, but 50 lbs difference in weight. If either tried to bulk up or slim down to acquire the other's build, they'd be miserable and perform miserably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I don't recommend my 'diet', but I'm healthy and happy now.
              Sending prayers your way, big guy. This board will be a darker place after your departure.

Comment

Working...
              X