Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you most excited about for next year?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you most excited about for next year?

On the men’s side, I think at least one of the young American milers/1500 will dazzle us. It is unlikely they will seriously challenge Ingebrigsten but one will be in the mix. Mondo will probably get 6.20.

I don’t follow the women that closely so I don’t have much of an opinion. Perhaps Sha’carri Richardson will show what she’s got.

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Perhaps Sha’carri Richardson will show what she’s got.
    By the end of the season, she certainly showed what she hasn't got.

Comment

I don’t follow the women that closely so I don’t have much of an opinion.
      15.80+ for Rojas.
      Sub 3:50 for 1500, - Kipyegon
      Sub 51 for 400m - McLaughlin and Bol
      Sub 14, sub 29 for Gidey

Comment

Men: Cole Hocker...on the podium Eugene '22! Christian Coleman...repeat as World Champion 9.66
        Women: Athing Mu...World Champion 1:54.20 DeAnna Price....rebounds and is on podium Eugene '22

Comment

1. Lamont Jacobs went into hiding after winning gold. I am not excited. Just curious to see if he can replicate his form from the Olympic final.
          2. Bekele turns 40 next year. he will break the master record (M40)

Comment

• SAFP/Thompson/Jackson/Richardson/Mboma/Thomas (continuation of the best sprint season ever)
            • Shaunae Miller-Uibo (first 400m world title? close to 48 flat?)
            • Yulimar Rojas (fix the 2nd phase and she can get close to 16m)
            • Faith Kipyegon (WR?)
            • Letesenbet Gidey/Sifan Hassan (what does she run in Eugene?)
            • Dalilah Muhammad (she'll defend her title)
            • Coleman/Bromell/Kerley/Bednarek/Noah Lyles (will we see AR's in the 100m/200m?) + De Grasse
            • Christian Taylor (does he have any path to being the GOAT or has that door closed without 3 Olympic golds?)
            • Grant Holloway (12.7x?)
            • Michael Cherry (I think he is a serious gold medal threat with the 400m bye now)

Comment

I don’t follow the women that closely so I don’t have much of an opinion.
              Serious question out of pure curiosity, how do you do that logistically?

Do you consistently turn of the stream/TV when the women are competing and turn it back on for the men? Or do you watch the women, but then dont look up or pay attention to results, news etc. on them?

Comment

Erriyon Knighton, Cambre Sturgis, Cole Hocker

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                  Serious question out of pure curiosity, how do you do that logistically?

Do you consistently turn of the stream/TV when the women are competing and turn it back on for the men? Or do you watch the women, but then dont look up or pay attention to results, news etc. on them?
                  I know lots of fans who are primarily interested in just one of the sexes, just as some/many people are field vs. track or sprints vs. distances.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

I know lots of fans who are primarily interested in just one of the sexes, just as some/many people are field vs. track or sprints vs. distances.
                    Most of the track fans I know are like that...I know the distances....I barely pay attention to field events... they happen and then forgotten... unless it is something notable. Same with many of the women's events.
                    Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-11-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

The sprint/distance/field divide is very very common and I think most people are like this to some degree with their knowledge/interest. Barely have I met split gender fans.

But thinking about it, I can understand how its possible now.

Comment

Most people, including many former athletes, don't follow the sport at all. So anyone paying to one gender is a huge plus.

Comment

On the men’s side, I think at least one of the young American milers/1500 will dazzle us. It is unlikely they will seriously challenge Ingebrigsten but one will be in the mix. Mondo will probably get 6.20.

I don’t follow the women that closely so I don’t have much of an opinion. Perhaps Sha’carri Richardson will show what she’s got.
                          I think Hocker can get within shouting distance of Ing, and can certainly kick him down if he can stay close. The nice thing is Ing runs sensible pace, so it's not insanity to attempt to run with him as opposed to Tim Cher.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                            Sub 14, sub 29 for Gidey
                            The only exciting Gidey run for me would be to throw Hassan in there. Which begs the question, will Gidey's agent allow her to step on the track with Hassan prior to Eugene?

Comment

Sasha Zhoya over the actual 110H is intriguing

Sean Burrell in the 400H

Bryce Foster if he gets to throw for Texas A&M

Sha'Carri Richardson back at full tilt

Weini Kelati on the track

... and so many more. Looking forward to another awesome year!

Comment

Working...
                              X