Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you most excited about for next year?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Athing Mu - I want to see her get the WR, but I am getting a feeling that we might see a sophomore slump.
    ETH - how will the change affect her
    SAFP - I believe she will continue to run well at 35. She is following Merlene Ottey's path, with more success of course.
    SCR - I hope she can keep it together and have a very good season
    Dina Asher-Smith - I hope she will have a healthy season and mix it up with the other ladies
    Sherica Jackson - I believe she will be running in the 10.6 range.
    Fred Kerley - I believe he will continue to improve and do some serious damage over 100/200
    DeGrasse - Can he finally win 100m gold?
    Coleman - how competitive will he be?

Comment

In other words, it is going to be a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Eugene 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
        I've been thinking more about indoors. For example, a women's 400 race featuring Miller-Uibo, McLaughlin, Mu and Bol. That would be terrific. Maybe all 4 sub 50.5, especially if nobody else was in there to clutter things up. I was thinking the New Balance meet as possibility.
        I would love to see this race as well. And though I agree this would theoretically be an amazing 4-way match up, its enough to clutter up and slow down one if not two ladies on an indoor track. For reference, here are the only races that have had at least 3 women run sub 51:

Wien - Feb 2, 1984
        Moscow - Jan 25, 2006 (RUS only)
        Moscow - Feb 18, 2006 (RUS only)
        Moscow - Mar 12, 2006 (Indoor worlds)

Comment

It would be great to see SCR back on track and fulfil her potential. Any further on if it was her allegedly going to train with Stephen Francis in Jamaica? He used the word 'condition' without naming SCR and international athletes have gone to Jamaica in the past during the winter so this could work, not sure how Mitchell would feel on this, but Nike will want a gold medal chance in Tracktown USA and as great as Daniels is, I'm not sure she can get into the low 10.7s yet.

Comment

60m indoor - 6.92 by Privalova, 1993
            100m - 10.49 by Flo Jo, 1988
            200m - 21.34 by Flo Jo, 1988
            400m indoor - 49.59 by Kratochvílová,1982
            400m - 47.60 by Koch, 1985

Between SAFP, Richardson, ETH, Mboma, Thomas, SMU and Mu, I just need at least one of these to go down. The last female sprint world record was before I was even born...

Comment

Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
              I've been thinking more about indoors. For example, a women's 400 race featuring Miller-Uibo, McLaughlin, Mu and Bol. .....
              would never happen because basically speaking it's almost impossible to win an indoor 400 from anything but lane 5 or 6; how do you convince two of those superstars to accept no-chance lanes?

Comment

It would be soooooo sweet if 2022 is the year of the re-emergence of Mary Cain--after years of suffering under Salazar and its after-affects!!
                If she's going to come back at all, let 2022 be the year!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  how do you convince two of those superstars to accept no-chance lanes?
                  Run world indoors

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                    Sub 14, sub 29 for Gidey
                    How about sub 2:12?

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                      How about sub 2:12?
                      I think she's probably capable but I would be surprised as I think she will want to focus on Eugene and try to take down Hassan.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

would never happen because basically speaking it's almost impossible to win an indoor 400 from anything but lane 5 or 6; how do you convince two of those superstars to accept no-chance lanes?
                        Mostly because they seed the fastest folks in 5-6, I would guess.

Kaelin Roberts won the NCAA w400 indoors this year from lane 3.

Comment

Jodie Williams. Be Afraid!!!

Comment

Mondo seems to break out every other year, then normalize that height the following year. I think it will be just like the beginning of 2020 again and we will see a bunch of WRs right off the bat. I feel like he could have cleared 6.10 in every meet he went for the WR in 2021.I wouldn't be surprised to see 6.20 normalize for him this year.

I think Katie Nageotte will have some serious attempts at the world record and Sandi might be up there too. They are training together now. I have a feeling Sam Kendricks is going to have a really strong this year too as he looks for vengeance from the olympics. Chris Nilsen 6 meters plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                              Jodie Williams. Be Afraid!!!
                              Jodie is one of my local athletes. She feels more local since I discovered that one of my parents' new(ish) neighbours is her uncle.

Comment

Crouser in both throws.
                                Mu
                                Both the men's and womens' 400H.
                                Return to full form for Michael Norman, Christian Taylor, Donovan Brazier, and Jarrion Lawson
                                Shamier Little in the open 400

Comment

Working...
                                X