Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you most excited about for next year?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
    Crouser in both throws.
    Mu
    Both the men's and womens' 400H.
    Return to full form for Michael Norman, Christian Taylor, Donovan Brazier, and Jarrion Lawson
    Shamier Little in the open 400
    I doubt Taylor will be back. Aren’t his injuries normally career ending?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Dave View Post

      I doubt Taylor will be back. Aren’t his injuries normally career ending?
      Will Claye came back last year after a ruptured Achilles tendon. He managed 4th in the Olympics. Of course he was quite a bit short of his best ever, and I haven't any idea as to the extent of his injury vis a vis Taylor's, but I can still hope for his return.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Dave View Post

        I doubt Taylor will be back. Aren’t his injuries normally career ending?
        He already noted he started training for this new season and remember he has the WC wild card, so no need to rush anything this year. But whether he makes a successful return from injury is still up in the air. On IG, someone even asked Taylor when he'll be running the 400m again and he said once he's back completely healthy. So seems he has no plans of retiring the Triple or 400.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ATK View Post
          He already noted he started training for this new season and remember he has the WC wild card, so no need to rush anything this year. But whether he makes a successful return from injury is still up in the air. On IG, someone even asked Taylor when he'll be running the 400m again and he said once he's back completely healthy. So seems he has no plans of retiring the Triple or 400.
          I hope he is able to make a full recovery.

          Comment


          • #50
            I'm curious as to how Hobbs Kessler will adjust/progress with his pro career and give everybody a good run for their money.

            Comment


            • #51
              Athing Mu. If and when she claims the 2 lap mark, she'll not only break the oldest track record on the books, she'll be the first non-European to ever hold the world mark. The WR was first recognized in 1922, so when it's Mu, it's at least 100 years before the first non-European gets the mark. Can that be said of any other track event?

              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/800_me...rd_progression
              1.609
              Senior Member
              Last edited by 1.609; 11-16-2021, 03:18 AM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by 1.609 View Post
                Athing Mu. If and when she claims the 2 lap mark, she'll not only break the oldest track record on the books, she'll be the first non-European to ever hold the world mark. The WR was first recognized in 1922, so when it's Mu, it's at least 100 years before the first non-European gets the mark. Can that be said of any other track event?

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/800_me...rd_progression
                It doesn't look like it, at least for the standard events. The only all-Euro WR event on the track is W4x400 which misses the century mark at only 53 years in 2022. Bookmark this thread for 2077 to see if it makes it!

                In the field, it's WDT (also 1922), WSP (1924) and WHT (1994).

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by 1.609 View Post
                  Athing Mu. If and when she claims the 2 lap mark, she'll not only break the oldest track record on the books, she'll be the first non-European to ever hold the world mark. The WR was first recognized in 1922, so when it's Mu, it's at least 100 years before the first non-European gets the mark. Can that be said of any other track event?

                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/800_me...rd_progression
                  ? Dixie Willis & Judy Pollock (both Australian) held it in the 60s.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

                    ? Dixie Willis & Judy Pollock (both Australian) held it in the 60s.
                    Good point. Technically they're transplanted Europeans, but you're right. So Mu would be the first record holder of non-European descent to hold the mark, and the first from any continent other than Europe or Australia.
                    1.609
                    Senior Member
                    Last edited by 1.609; 11-16-2021, 03:08 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

                      Technically they're transplanted Europeans.
                      Um, technically, so are WE---minus the Native Americans!!
                      LOL

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

                        Good point. Technically they're transplanted Europeans, but you're right. So Mu would be the first record holder of non-European descent to hold the mark, and the first from any continent other than Europe or Australia.
                        ​​​​So technically, by your logic, you must be claiming Athing Mu is a transplanted African.

                        Perh
                        Perhaps you should say what you are really trying to say "caucasian".

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                          ​​​​So technically, by your logic, you must be claiming Athing Mu is a transplanted African.

                          Perh
                          Perhaps you should say what you are really trying to say "caucasian".
                          You guys want to make this about race, leave me out of it. I just looked at a 100 year old list and 2 athletes were a bit "down under" the others and weren't spotted. Forget that I said anything about transplanted Europeans, because for some people, that will be the focus, not the original salient point. Discussions of race are so damn boring by this point.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Let’s go back to talking about people are going to have breakthroughs or continue to dominate their events. There are a bunch of people who should be great to watch.

                            I’ll make some brave predictions:

                            Mondo 6.20 with a herd of Americans at 6.00.
                            Crouser 23.60 no idea about the discus. A couple more will get 23.00
                            Ingbricksen, Jakob 3:27
                            Hocker. 3:29

                            Coleman 9.70

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by 1.609 View Post
                              Athing Mu. If and when she claims the 2 lap mark, she'll not only break the oldest track record on the books, she'll be the first non-European to ever hold the world mark. The WR was first recognized in 1922, so when it's Mu, it's at least 100 years before the first non-European gets the mark. Can that be said of any other track event?

                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/800_me...rd_progression
                              Well, also remember Sin Kim-Dan (or Shin-Geum Dan) really had the world's best time in the early 1960s and the first woman to break 2 minutes, but her marks could never be ratified because she was North Korean and North Korea was not a member of the IAAF at the time.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                1:58.0 in 1964 in North Korea....one wonders how legit it was...

                                In 1966...Time..

                                Finally there was Sin Kim Dan, a delicate little North Korean lass who broke the women's records at both 400 meters and 800 meters two years ago; some time later, an overjoyed elderly gentleman in South Korea recognized Sin as the son he had lost in the war.
                                Conor Dary
                                Senior Member
                                Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-16-2021, 09:07 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X