Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you most excited about for next year?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://web.archive.org/web/20080612...836386,00.html

Comment

on-topic, plz.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

You guys want to make this about race, leave me out of it. I just looked at a 100 year old list and 2 athletes were a bit "down under" the others and weren't spotted. Forget that I said anything about transplanted Europeans, because for some people, that will be the focus, not the original salient point. Discussions of race are so damn boring by this point.
        I think they were a lot down under 1.609. 😂😂😂

I saw Dixie race once.

Comment

From a kiwi perspective here are my hopes for 2022.
          Walsh - over 23
          Gill - over 22.30
          Conor Bell (discus) - 67
          McCartney - over her tendon problems - 5m
          Adams - over 20
          Wesche (wSH) - over 19
          Ratcliffe and Bruce - 75 in wHAM
          Osei-Nketia - 100m, 9.99

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
            From a kiwi perspective here are my hopes for 2022.
            Walsh - over 23
            Gill - over 22.30
            Conor Bell (discus) - 67
            McCartney - over her tendon problems - 5m
            Adams - over 20
            Wesche (wSH) - over 19
            Ratcliffe and Bruce - 75 in wHAM
            Osei-Nketia - 100m, 9.99
            All the best to the 2022 Kiwi fortunes. My wacky sense of humor.

1dnucq.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              1:58.0 in 1964 in North Korea....one wonders how legit it was...

In 1966...Time..

Finally there was Sin Kim Dan, a delicate little North Korean lass who broke the women's records at both 400 meters and 800 meters two years ago; some time later, an overjoyed elderly gentleman in South Korea recognized Sin as the son he had lost in the war.
              🤔

Are there actual videoclips to Shin's 1:58.0 and 51.2 (51.0?), or any other performance? There's a performance of 51.9 from Pyongyang in 1962 officially in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

🤔

Are there actual videoclips to Shin's 1:58.0 and 51.2 (51.0?), or any other performance? There's a performance of 51.9 from Pyongyang in 1962 officially in the books.
                I saw that ....it also doesn't mean anything at all. Stella Walsh has the first IAAF 100 record.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the women's pole vault. Will Katie Nageotte go 5 meters or over? Will Sandi Morris win a major world outdoor championship? Will any woman break Isinbayeva's world record? These are the questions the answers to look forward to in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                    Erriyon Knighton, Cambre Sturgis, Cole Hocker
                    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                      I'm looking forward to the women's pole vault. Will Katie Nageotte go 5 meters or over? Will Sandi Morris win a major world outdoor championship? Will any woman break Isinbayeva's world record? These are the questions the answers to look forward to in 2022.
                      Seeing that Sidorova cleared 5.01 this year, you probably should include her in your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

Seeing that Sidorova cleared 5.01 this year, you probably should include her in your expectations.
                        OK. Will Sidorova be the one to break Isinbayeva's world record? It would be interesting to see how Isinbayeva reacts to her world record being broken, if it is broken, especially by a fellow Russian.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how Isinbayeva reacts to her world record being broken, if it is broken, especially by a fellow Russian.
                          No matter the nationality of the record breaker, I doubt her reaction would be interesting. Instead, I anticipate she would dismiss it as an inferior performance by an inferior vaulter, who is obviously an inferior human being. Further, she would point out that she could have easily exceeded it with the latest shoes, poles, etc. We would all regret that we wasted our time listening to more of her nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

No matter the nationality of the record breaker, I doubt her reaction would be interesting. Instead, I anticipate she would dismiss it as an inferior performance by an inferior vaulter, who is obviously an inferior human being. Further, she would point out that she could have easily exceeded it with the latest shoes, poles, etc. We would all regret that we wasted our time listening to more of her nonsense.
                            Maybe, since Isinbayeva loves her country Russia, she would congratulate Sidorova if she does break the world record, with relief that if the record is broken at least a Russian did it.

Comment

Maybe, since Isinbayeva loves her country Russia, she would congratulate Sidorova if she does break the world record, with relief that if the record is broken at least a Russian did it.
                              You may be right, but it has always seemed to me that Isinbayeva loves one thing more than Mother Russia, anyone, or anything: Isinbayeva.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Amen!

Comment

Working...
                                X