Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are you most excited about for next year?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to major advancements in doping controls and testing because they are so dearly needed.

Comment

The first 77' shot put and a 6.20+ PV

Comment

Christian Coleman. Interesting to see what he has and how long it takes him to get race sharp. Fred Kerley as well. What event will Mixhael Norman do? His 100 was getting better. Mu of course. Holloway , Can Christian Taylor make it back to the top after the achilles injury.?

Comment

I wonder what Crouser could have achieved in the Hammer!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
            Can Christian Taylor make it back to the top after the achilles injury.?
            I'm sorry to say that I think that will be tough. He's 31 and his body has been punished for 10+ years. Kasja Bergquist is the only top level jumper I can think of who has PRd after such an injury. I think Edwards' record will live a few more years although of course Pichardo, Claye and others are still a threat.

Comment

Also very anxious to see what a healthy Abby Steiner and Matt Boling can do this year.. Terrence Laird as well. Erryoin Knighton will be fun to watch too.

Comment

Originally posted by berkeley View Post
                I think Edwards' record will live a few more years although of course Pichardo, Claye and others are still a threat.
                As soon as I saw Zhango jump, I thought he will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                  Also very anxious to see what a healthy Abby Steiner and Matt Boling can do this year.. Terrence Laird as well. Erryoin Knighton will be fun to watch too.
                  I was surprised that neither Laird nor Bolling were factors at the trials, I suspect both will be finalists in Eugene to go to worlds. Making a US Men’s sprint team is going to be brutal for a while.

Comment

KW - Rai Benjamin - dos Santos & the rest of the m400H crew. Will Eugene come close to the Tokyo final?

SM - DM - Bol in the w400H. Will Eugene come close to the Tokyo final?

Comment

Erriyon Knighton and Hobbs Kessler- They ran so well last year and given their young ages it would seem like they have a lot of potential for growth.

Comment

Miller Uibo. Im actually expecting her to break 48 seconds this season. I think she may need a push to get there. Paulinho may also run sub 49. Not sure of the status of Naser.
                        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                          Miller Uibo. Im actually expecting her to break 48 seconds this season. I think she may need a push to get there. Paulinho may also run sub 49. Not sure of the status of Naser.
                          Naser is banned until February 2023

Considering SMU ran 48.36 after 3 rounds of the 200m and 400m, while apparently slightly injured and without Naser to pull her like in 2019, I think sub 48 is very very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Naser is banned until February 2023

Considering SMU ran 48.36 after 3 rounds of the 200m and 400m, while apparently slightly injured and without Naser to pull her like in 2019, I think sub 48 is very very possible.
                            It would be great to see her run 47.59 or better

Comment

To the original question's point, I'm always fascinated by the WC right after an OG.

Do the OG winners repeat, and if not, why not?
                              - burn out, mental or physical?
                              - their OG was flukey?
                              - the comp has gotten better?
                              - bad day at the office?

Which of the Old Guard are mostly done?
                              Which of the young bucks (m or w) has seized the day?
                              Which hot OG event has cooled off?
                              Which event that was in the doldrums suddenly surges again?

I like the 'year-after' dynamics as they play out.

With the oWC in the USA (. . . finally!), I'm very interested in who can get hot at the WC Trials (aka USATF) and hold it through the WC. I really want someone (RRoss?!) to get the Eugene Triple. Has it ever happened that someone got the NCAA-USA-OG/WC Triple on the same track?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                T.. Has it ever happened that someone got the NCAA-USA-OG/WC Triple on the same track?
                                since Atlanta has. never hosted an NCAA and LA didn't in '32 or '84, by definition the answer has to be no.

Comment

Working...
                                X