Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA XC championship

Sunny with temps around 60F in Tallahassee at race time this morning, dry the past few days. Pancake of a course might not help the CU Buffs, who seem to do better when it's wet/soft and hilly. Might favor a speed merchant like Nguse. Not saying he'll challenge for the win, but will be interesting to see how he does. Notre Dame packed their top 6 inside a 3.6 seconds at their regional meet. UNC had both men's and women's team make it, a rare occurrence if it has even happened at all since my time there.

Nice to have ESPNU to watch it. Anxious to see if Mantz can live up to the hype.

Comment

54 degrees here and slight breeze from the north with gusts of 15-20mph winds. These will be cross winds for the athletes as the course runs east to west.
      word on the street is Hannah steelman has Achilles injury

Comment

Information including box assignments https://seminoles.com/ncaa-xc/

Comment

Apalachee Regional Park course records
          Fastest 6k is by Colleen Quigley 2014 19:17
          Fastest 10k Shadrack kipchirchir 2019 28:53

Comment

On ESPNU, but not started yet--the coverage!
            Supposed to start at 7:00 Pacific time!

Comment

Six minutes into the race and I’m not sure one time I’ve heard them say Which athletes are leading the way and mostly we’ve seen aerial drone shots then maybe the leaders flash by and that’s it. Pretty crappy coverage

Comment

The real-time stats bar on the left side of the screen was pretty good.

Comment

Holy crap. What happened to Cooper Teare

Comment

Men’s coverage a lot better than the women’s, maybe because it thinned out a little sooner.

Comment

Teare must have walked the last kilometer.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Anxious to see if Mantz can live up to the hype.
                        Yup - what an animal - Pre reincarnate. Every time someone tried to slow the torrid pace, he just gunned it more.
                        28:33 on grass is epic.
                        He may never replicate his XC prowess on the track, but he's defo in my short-list HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                          Holy crap. What happened to Cooper Teare
                          I was standing along the barrier a few hundred yards up from the finish line when he came to a halt. Didn't look like he was going to finish but an official came alongside to talk to him and he managed a shuffling gait.

He had the look of someone heat affected, as one possibility. It was getting just a tad warm by the end of the men's race.

Otherwise, glad Tally was able to serve up a near perfect day for the occasion. Also glad I was not at the mercy of the video coverage. Fans were given good leeway to hustle around the course for multiple vantage points.

Now about that World XC bid . . .

Comment

Originally posted by player View Post

I was standing along the barrier a few hundred yards up from the finish line when he came to a halt. Didn't look like he was going to finish but an official came alongside to talk to him and he managed a shuffling gait.

He had the look of someone heat affected, as one possibility. It was getting just a tad warm by the end of the men's race.

Otherwise, glad Tally was able to serve up a near perfect day for the occasion. Also glad I was not at the mercy of the video coverage. Fans were given good leeway to hustle around the course for multiple vantage points.

Now about that World XC bid . . .
                            I figured it would be toasty...I went to a wedding in Ft Meyers 2 weeks and the heat and humidity were very noticeable....just walking around outside made you sweat.

Why would an official encourage someone to finish if they were affected by the heat. That sounds a big irresponsible. He did the last k in 6:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I figured it would be toasty...I went to a wedding in Ft Meyers 2 weeks and the heat and humidity were very noticeable....just walking around outside made you sweat.

Why would an official encourage someone to finish if they were affected by the heat. That sounds a big irresponsible. He did the last k in 6:22.
                              Today was not humid at all, and Tally is a different climate zone from Ft Myers, but even temps in the low 60's F under cloudless sky can have an effect given an effort of sufficient intensity and length. And today's race was very fast from the outset.

To be fair to the official, I of course didn't hear what he said and, for all I know, he may have told Teare not to finish unless he felt up to it. Dorando Pietri did actually cross my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X