Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 U23 Pan-Am Championships

Apparently this is happening in Columbia now, but I can't seem to find much about it.

One page: https://www.calivalle2021.com/en/dep...s/deporte/2540

It's the Pan-American Junior Games (for U23 and U20). The Pan-American age-group championships are a different competition.

The track & field runs from 30th November to 4th December and there's free live streams via https://www.panamsportschannel.org/sports

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
      It's the Pan-American Junior Games (for U23 and U20). The Pan-American age-group championships are a different competition.
      Aha. I just relowered my expectations . . . not that this won't be a great experience for the athletes involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Aha. I just relowered my expectations . . . not that this won't be a great experience for the athletes involved.
        With Cuba involved, it could still produce some very solid marks for a snob such as yourself

Comment

Does USATF have any activities in the U23 division? A records list? Teams to international events?

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
            Does USATF have any activities in the U23 division? A records list? Teams to international events?
            The U.S. has sent teams to the NACAC meet in the past, which was occasionally a U23 affair.

U23 is not an official record category in USATF rules.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
              U23 is not an official record category in USATF rules.
              Essentially superseded by the NCAA.

Comment

With Cuba involved, it could still produce some very solid marks for a snob such as yourself
                I hope so, but the only one I can think of is TJer J Diaz at 17.34 (turned 20 this year).

edit
                + LJ Masso and Gay

Comment

I hope so, but the only one I can think of is TJer J Diaz at 17.34 (turned 20 this year).

edit
                  + LJ Masso and Gay
                  Gomez 49.71 at Tokyo

Comment

Gomez 49.71 at Tokyo
                    I'll be stunned (pleasantly) if any approach PR levels.

Comment

Cardoso of Brazil has run 10.01 this year

Comment

Cardoso of Brazil has run 10.01 this year
                        Even in 10.20 shape, he should win easily.

It would be great if the organizers had an overall entry list, sorted by SBs, but that is probably too much to expect.
                        Last edited by Atticus; 11-26-2021, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Essentially superseded by the NCAA.
                          Yes there is very little need for an U23 category in the US. It is different in Europe and various other parts of the World, where student Track and Field is nothing like as big a deal, and Under 23 events provide a stepping stone for those who don't go straight from the national U20 team to the senior one.

Comment

I'm assuming no USATF team, I'm not sure if we sent teams to any international event besides the Olympics this year... definitely no age group events.

Plus that is a weird time of year for most of our athletes in that age group.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                              I'm assuming no USATF team, I'm not sure if we sent teams to any international event besides the Olympics this year... definitely no age group events.
                              Plus that is a weird time of year for most of our athletes in that age group.
                              It would be a fun diversion from fall/winter college training, not that I can see any coaches wanting their kids to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X