Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shall we have the chance to see Grant Holloway run 100/200/400m races next year?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall we have the chance to see Grant Holloway run 100/200/400m races next year?

His raw speed is fascinating. I see him as a wonderful 200m potential too.

He's a 9500 Decathlete. He can run 100 in 9.60, 200 in 19.40, 400 in 43.00, 400H in 45.80, etc., etc..
    I am only very slightly T-i-C. I do think he's the biggest talent in T&F, and considering where Warholm, Crouser and Mondo are, that's a pretty audacious statement.

Comment

He could win the WC 100 easily....I think he would have responded and won the 100 in Tokyo.

Comment

I agree that he's a huge talent, but it seems reasonable to at least restrain a bit with the hype, given that he actually failed to win the Olympic gold in his OWN event, for goodness's sake

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          He's a 9500 Decathlete. He can run 100 in 9.60, 200 in 19.40, 400 in 43.00, 400H in 45.80, etc., etc..
          I am only very slightly T-i-C. I do think he's the biggest talent in T&F, and considering where Warholm, Crouser and Mondo are, that's a pretty audacious statement.
          So Parchment can score 9600?

Comment

Originally posted by xw View Post
            I agree that he's a huge talent, but it seems reasonable to at least restrain a bit with the hype, given that he actually failed to win the Olympic gold in his OWN event, for goodness's sake
            He lost a close mistake filled race to a strong veteran hurdler...

Comment

Originally posted by xw View Post
              Igiven that he actually failed to win the Olympic gold in his OWN event, for goodness's sake
              The ONLY reason he lost was because the track was too fast and he's already the fastest hurdler on the planet. The adjustment was too much in the time he had on the track. The other hurdlers had a much smaller adjustment to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

So Parchment can score 9600?
                Parchment couldn't score 8500...Holloway ran a poor race and lost but he is immensely more talented that Parchment if one is even considering the Dec, which I feel he should not.

Comment

Speculation/hyperbole aside, I would really enjoy seeing him in 200. The strength from hurdling combined with his obvious speed would make him a true force.

Comment

I'd like to see him on the flat as well but, then again, I look at a hurdle as an obstacle which ruins a perfectly good sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                      I'd like to see him on the flat as well but, then again, I look at a hurdle as an obstacle which ruins a perfectly good sprint.
                      Perhaps I enjoyed those events, as they added ten additional excuses for failure, in addition to my general lack of talent......

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                        Holloway ran a poor race and lost
                        Not to belabor this, but Holloway ran a superb race in the final . . . too good, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                          I'd like to see him on the flat as well but, then again, I look at a hurdle as an obstacle that ruins a perfectly good sprint.
                          That has always kinda been my assessment of the hurdles, just as the TJ needlessly spoils a perfectly good LJ or, I believe it was Samuel Clements who is reputed to have called golf a good walk spoiled.

Comment

In 1981, Carl Lewis began an unbelievable four years of versatility and dominance we had not seen since Jessie Owens in the 30's...

He lost the top 100 race that year to Allan Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post

He lost a close mistake filled race to a strong veteran hurdler...
                              He lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X