Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my memory, Carl Lewis ran with unclenched hands, bent arms, no cross-body, straight ahead, especially the hands slicing the air.

Comment

With nobody near him, the pic was probably of a warm-up jog or an easy round 1 heat.

This video of him in a hard race (1984 Olympics) shows him running with open hands. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNafT5HK_Ro

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Comment

Yes, he did run with a flat hand often. That does not lengthen the arm much compared to a straightened arms, which he never used, for good reason.

Comment

Degrasse does something similar with his arms:
          101028.jpg

Comment

Interesting. I had not noticed that. Gatlin's accentuated toe-drag out of the blocks, an extended drive-phase - are relatively new. Will that be the next 'thing' sprinters try?

Comment

Back in 1980s, a lot of school kids started sprinting with open palms because they wanted to copy King Carl. Unfortunately, none of us were even remotely as fast as him.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                https://www.youngathletehub.com/2021...ackster-could/

I think this was discussed last year on this forum when Steiner ran her 2OO PR?
                I did not know that Kentucky coaches were tinkering with her form last year, trying to get her swing more across her body during indoor. I get where they're coming from regarding the curves on tight indoor tracks but man, indoor really isnt that important. I can't help but wonder if that contributed to her season-ending injury early in outdoor season.

There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
                  Degrasse does something similar with his arms:
                  101028.jpg
                  Reider coached that out of him as now five years later he has a more conventional arm action.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post

Reider coached that out of him as now five years later he has a more conventional arm action.
                    Tokyo;
                    Andre_De_Grasse_ap_200m__571_855.jpg

Comment

This thread is on INdoor RESULTS. not about technique or form!
                      Just saying!
                      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                        This thread is on INdoor RESULTS. not about technique or form!
                        Just saying!
                        LOL
                        Post 'em if ya got 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
                          I promise last comment! Check the hand!

Comment

One of the Charlotte Observer athletes of the week
                            Akala Garrett, Harding Indoor Track:The Rams’ junior is off to a fast start to her indoor track season. She has the nation’s No. 1 time in the 55-meter hurdles (7.92), 60-meter hurdles (8.39), and 500-meter dash (1:14.03), while running the third-best time in the nation in the 300-meter dash (39.05).

Garrett won the 300 (39.05) and 500-meter (1:14.03) dashes at the Liberty High School Opener at Liberty University with personal-best times in both events, Dec. 11.

Garrett has run the No. 1 time in the state in the 55 and 60-meter hurdles, and 300 and 500-meter dashes.
                            Won the 60-m hurdles unattached in a college meet against last year's 2nd place ACC finisher. Finished 3rd in the 1000 same meet.

Comment

Sad to see the Dartmouth Relays (early Jan) have been Covid cancelled for 2022. It used to be a very big deal in the New England indoor calendar. My dad took me to the 1969* edition and I was mesmerized.

* Google tells me it started in 1970, so obviously my memory is off. It must have been another multi-team meet. We went to lots of Yale meets also. Talk about a dark, dank, stinky field-house!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Sad to see the Dartmouth Relays (early Jan) have been Covid cancelled for 2022. It used to be a very big deal in the New England indoor calendar. My dad took me to the 1969* edition and I was mesmerized.

* Google tells me it started in 1970, so obviously my memory is off. It must have been another multi-team meet. We went to lots of Yale meets also. Talk about a dark, dank, stinky field-house!
                                Nope your right. According to Dartmouth, first occurred in 1969: https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/2...30/590350.aspx

The 2020 Relays were the 51st edition so that lines up with 1969 as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X