Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
    If Terrence Jones (6.45) and Micah Williams (6.48) were in the same race, what would likely be the distance between them at the finish? A CM or two?
    27cm or so, unless my math skills have left me (which is entirely possible)

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
      27cm or so, unless my math skills have left me (which is entirely possible)
      Assuming they are going 10m in .85 at the 60m mark, the math comes out to be .3/.85, which is

35 cm, a little over a foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
        Ruth Usoro demolished the CR in the wTJ at Texas Tech with a 14.76/48-5.25
        WOW ... that's getting into world medal contender territory. Crushes the absolute CR, too! And... maybe the #2 jump ever on American soil?

Comment

• Originally posted by steveu View Post

WOW ... that's getting into world medal contender territory. Crushes the absolute CR, too! And... maybe the #2 jump ever on American soil?
          Amazing performance! If Nigeria didnt fumble things for the athletes in Tokyo, she would have been a very serious medal contender IMO. We may very well see her go 15m by NCAA outdoors

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Amazing performance! If Nigeria didnt fumble things for the athletes in Tokyo, she would have been a very serious medal contender IMO....
            even a non-fumbling Nigerian fed woldn't have been able to bring Lubbock's altitude of about 990m to Tokyo.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

even a non-fumbling Nigerian fed woldn't have been able to bring Lubbock's altitude of about 990m to Tokyo.
              so 990 meters is about 3250 feet. how much of a benefit is that altitude?

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post

It is. But I'm not sure there's much(if any) of an advantage running a 200 on a flat 300 track over a banked 200 track, where the finish is lower than the start(ie downhill).
                I've always seen running 1 very gradual turn as much easier than navigating 2 tight turns.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

so 990 meters is about 3250 feet. how much of a benefit is that altitude?
                  I don't know about TJ, but, according to Jonas Mureika's figures, it is worth 0.03s in a 100m compared with sea level.

Comment

• Adelaide Aquilla (OhSt) wSP 62-7.25 (19.08) at Wisconsin. 4cm off PR.

Oversized Miles at Washington

men - K Lumb (Wa-Can) 3:55.53, C Johnsen (WaSt) 3:55.74
                    women - M Heisterman (Wa-Can) 4:34.51, A Gibson (Wa) 4:37.95

Comment

I've always seen running 1 very gradual turn as much easier than navigating 2 tight turns.
                      More like 1 1/2 turns for the 200, especially for the fast folks who generally are put out in L5 or 6.

All things considered I'd say a banked 200m track like Tyson is faster for the 200 than a flat 300 track(the farther out the better).

There are no strings on me

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        C Coleman 2nd at m300 in 33.20.
                        He ran in a 4x4 also. Split?

Comment

Good luck with getting an accurate split from Kentucky's oversize track

Comment

Did he actually even get to run his leg? His (I'm assuming) unattached team says DNF on the results

Comment

Did he actually even get to run his leg? His (I'm assuming) unattached team says DNF on the results
                              The Twit said he did.

Comment

• https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...mp/6585117001/

Usoro's triple jump NOT 14.76 as originally recorded. Scratch that CR.

Comment

Working...
                                X