Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper Teare Going Pro

from LR

Cooper Teare goes pro and signs with Nike Teare, the fastest American collegian ever at both the mile and 5000, will stay in Eugene and train under Ben Thomas and Cole Hocker even though he's done with his academic responsibilities next week.
    I guess that was a foregone conclusion.
    Will his XC debacle linger as a problem?
    I think he could be sub-13 this year, but there's time for that to happen.

Looking forward to seeing him transition into a pro.

Comment

Good luck to Cooper.

Comment

I think his XC performance was the best result for him short of duking it out for the win in the homestretch. He's a 5k guy from the 1500 side, not a 10k guy. Crawling to the finish just burnishes his perception of toughness.

One look at Jenny Simpson's final XC race and her subsequent career and Nike's like, "Yeah, he's going to be fine."

Comment

That finish was horrible to watch...the guy was 4th in the Trials....I just hope he has no long term affect from it.

Comment

He's still 22 till August

Progression

2018 13:34
            2019 13:32
            2020 13:17
            2021 13:12 (and 3:50 iMile!)

Comment

Prediction: the AR in 1500, mile and 5000 will all fall this year; I will wimp out and not predict times or who will break records...but I think CT and CH will be part of the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
                I think his XC performance was the best result for him short of duking it out for the win in the homestretch. He's a 5k guy from the 1500 side, not a 10k guy. Crawling to the finish just burnishes his perception of toughness.

One look at Jenny Simpson's final XC race and her subsequent career and Nike's like, "Yeah, he's going to be fine."
                If anything, it has increased his profile. The NCAA YouTube account even has a standalone video of him crawling to the line.

He already has more instagram followers than most of the BTC male athletes (yes social media management is important as a professional athlete these days).

Comment

Working...
                X