Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rojas wLJ WR too?

https://www.runblogrun.com/2021/12/r...long-jump.html

Not only does Yulimar Rojas hope to contest both the long jump and triple jump at the 2022 World Championships in Eugene, the Venezuelan also believes she can challenge the world record of 7.52m, informs MARCA. "Well, I want to try, among other things because it frustrated me not being able to do it in Tokyo, where they put the long jump qualification on the same day as the triple jump final. [My coach Ivan Pedroso] was convinced that I could win both golds. At least in Eugene I will be able to do it because they will not coincide," she said. On the world record, she commented: "Yes of course. That day in La Nucía, when I jumped 7.27m I made a couple of very long fouls that would have been around 7.50m."
    It's a tough record, but one she might actually reach.

I can see it for sure.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I can see her winning both Golds in Eugene.

I think Tatyana Lebedeva is the only person to ever medal in both events at either Worlds or Olympics

Comment

Rojas literally toys with the TJ WR....I can see her heartbreaking the LJ

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
          Rojas literally toys with the TJ WR....I can see her heartbreaking the LJ
          beebee sighting! Yeah, she seems like there's more in the tank for her. Could be the most exciting quest in the next year or two.
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I also agree that she can take out both events in Eugene next year and break both WRs.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

I think Tatyana Lebedeva is the only person to ever medal in both events at either Worlds or Olympics
              Surely the only woman to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Surely the only woman to do so.
                Mike Conley Sr. (although not in the same championships), and Chuhei Nambu...

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                  Mike Conley Sr. (although not in the same championships), and Chuhei Nambu...
                  For some reason I don't think either of them should be considered as women. 😂😂😂

Also neither them won an Olympic or WC gold in the LJ. Nambu did break both WRs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

For some reason I don't think either of them should be considered as women. 😂😂😂

Also neither them won an Olympic or WC gold in the LJ. Nambu did break both WRs, though.
                    Are you trying to be intentionally obtuse as usual?

ATK wrote Lebedeva was the PERSON to win MEDALS in both LJ and TJ in the Olympics or World Championships.

Trickstat replied that she was the only WOMAN.

So I wrote two examples of PERSONS who won MEDALS in both LJ and TJ in the Olympics and World Championships.

And of course, you had to chime in with your usual non sequitur because you crave attention.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Even if we limit it to women, Inessa Kravets also did, albeit not at the same champs.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

No. I'm an under bettor. It's always hilarious that the public and guys like Scott Van Pelt mock unders, but that side holds the grind advantage in the long run.

Allow normalcy to work in your favor.

Comment

Are you trying to be intentionally obtuse as usual?

ATK wrote Lebedeva was the PERSON to win MEDALS in both LJ and TJ in the Olympics or World Championships.

Trickstat replied that she was the only WOMAN.
                          Which is why you perhaps should have responded to ATK instead of Trickstat.

And which is why I added the laughing emojis. 😂😂😂.

Comment

So I wrote two examples of PERSONS who won MEDALS in both LJ and TJ in the Olympics and World Championships.
                            Here's a non sequitur for you.

Conley never won an Olympic medal in the LJ.

Nambu never won anything in the WC, given the WC didn't exist in 1932.

Comment

She certainly has a chance, her speed has improved massively these last couple of years, and she is deceptively fast on the runway, like Kravets was.

The timetable means the TJ comes first - Q on Day2, F on Day 4. Then the LJ is at the end of the programme, Q on Day 9 and F on Day 10. That might be her challenge, having her second/weaker event second, where one assumes she would be facing more of a battle with the likes of Mihambo & 'the Americans' (on home turf). 5 days between events is a lot, but LJ first and TJ second might have been better, as she can win the TJ by over half a metre.

Also, this might be the kick up the bum Mihambo needs to sort out her run-up. She has been jumping 7.3 on occasions, but just way behind the board. Hopefully Rojas would bring the best out of her too.

Comment

Working...
                              X