X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2:00.06!!!!!
    HIGH SCHOOL RECORD
    Roisin Willis!!!

In 4th, also breaking the HSR, was Sophie Gorriaran's 2:00.58!
    This was at the BU meet!
    Last edited by aaronk; 02-11-2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      2:00.06 HSR Roisin Willis
      and #2 AT Absolute. Half a sec from Mary Cain's oHSR.

Comment

Good 3k last night by Kate Peters (Lake Oswego, OR '23) at the UW meet, 9:17.97 (oversize) to land at #10 a-t HS indoor (all tracks).

Ty Gorze, who's already run 8:11 and 14:12 in meets there this winter, added an 8:17 to his resume.

Comment

Rhenhardt Harrison ran 4:01.15 for the Mile at Tyson, finishing 5th, with 2 guys under 4!
          He's a Senior!

Comment

Instagram

jumpersonly_ Making 2.18 (7’2ft) look easy as a high schooler!! @eliasdgerald
            https://www.instagram.com/p/CZpaUW0ppB5/

UtahHS senior - 7'2 off this funky-looking artificial turf - with daylight over the bar - is amazing.

Comment

2:00.06!!!!!
              HIGH SCHOOL RECORD
              Roisin Willis!!!

In 4th, also breaking the HSR, was Sophie Gorriaran's 2:00.58!
              This was at the BU meet!
              A few days ago Juliette Whittaker ran 2:01.69 at Ocean Breeze to become the 3rd girl this month to go under Sammy Watson's previous indoor national record of 2:01.78.

So far no college women have run faster this indoor season than the 3 high schoolers.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

A few days ago Juliette Whittaker ran 2:01.69 at Ocean Breeze to become the 3rd girl this month to go under Sammy Watson's previous indoor national record of 2:01.78.

So far no college women have run faster this indoor season than the 3 high schoolers.
                Reading online, it appears she may have run this in a mixed race.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Reading online, it appears she may have run this in a mixed race.
                  which to T&FN is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    which to T&FN is irrelevant
                    The only way I'd find it relevant is if a woman broke a WR in a track (not road) race where she was led by a man, but even that isn't a big deal anymore with the pacer lights!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      The only way I'd find it relevant is if a woman broke a WR in a track (not road) race where she was led by a man, but even that isn't a big deal anymore with the pacer lights!
                      Wouldn't be accepted for qualifying for WA championship events, if that's relevant.

Comment

It was a point of interest. I originally looked to see if this was a HS meet...which it was in part....but she ran in the open and mixed section. Didn't appear that there were separate men and women heats.

Comment

Note the yearly boys 400 leader: William Jones (Blue Valley, Overland Park, Kansas) at 47.60.

I hear he's a baseball player who has signed at Southern Univ. for baseball. He had not run track since 2019 before this season.

Comment

Juliette Whittaker DESTROYS the HSR in the 1000 with her 2:39.41 in the Ocean Breeze!
                            Mary Cain twice ran faster while in HS, but she was already a Pro then!!

Comment

Juliette Whittaker DESTROYS the HSR in the 1000 with her 2:39.41 in the Ocean Breeze!
                              Mary Cain twice ran faster while in HS, but she was already a Pro then!!
                              I hope that Whittaker, Willis, and Gorriaran decide to run the 800 against each other at one of the national meets in mid March, as opposed to running in separate meets. I want to see a sub 2 !

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

I hope that Whittaker, Willis, and Gorriaran decide to run the 800 against each other at one of the national meets in mid March, as opposed to running in separate meets. I want to see a sub 2 !
                                Doubt you will see it from Gorriaran if today is any indication. She looked very tired and it is only February.

Comment

Working...
                                X