Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Django View Post
    I had two in my life. The first was at Modesto, ...

My second and last autograph was also at Modesto, ...
    I live near Modesto and train on their track regularly. Sad that are no more Modesto Relays.

Comment

Francie Larrieu, 1976 or 77, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post

I live near Modesto and train on their track regularly. Sad that are no more Modesto Relays.
        I agree completely! It was so much fun to be able to see legendary runners and great races!
        After Snell’s great mile there, I was pumped, and young and fit so, with minimal or perhaps zero warmup, I’d pulled on my spikes, and ran a lap in 60 seconds, while imagining myself in the race I’d witnessed a short time earlier.
        My pals and I were poor students, ad pooled our meager resources to buy gas for the round trip from Reno, then unfurled our sleeping bags in a quiet corner of the athletes’ warmup area

Comment

I have only a very few autographs. Can't remember which one was first at the same Meet.
          John Davies [ winner of the 1 mile in 4:15.1] & John Pennel [jumped 16-06.25] @ the Feb. 5, 1966 Phila. Inquirer Indoor Meet, Convention Hall , Phila.
          . T&FN had a quite generous 10,000 spectators. This was a probably a "paper" , attendance figure.

Comment

When in College c. 1960-1 I competed in the Shot against HJ'r WR indoor star John Thomas. I asked him for his autograph and my team mates got quite derisive. My last autograph was in 1963 from Emil Zatopek. I'd promised a friend I'd get it and sent it on. Oh...Thomas beat me in the Shot.

Comment

Working...
            X