Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF Cross County

Alicia Monson blowing the field away in the Women's 10K. BTW, the male announcer (Paul Swangard?) mention that Monson "made the final" in the OG 10,000!

I just watched that. I know she can run a fast 10000, but I think she should try the Steeplechase. She seems super strong.

Comment

Monson wins in 34:01, Kelati 2nd, Infeld 3rd. Monson in much better shape after race than after OT 10,000.
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank

Comment

Kipchirchir outsprints Maggard for the win in 30:33, with Chelanga and Korir next. Announcers completely missed the fact that Keter dropped back, kept saying still five in contention. Looked like a pretty tame course, nothing like the courses in the WA Cross Tour. Shannon Rowbury doing the interviews.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
          Kipchirchir outsprints Maggard for the win in 30:33,
          SK missed the OT with an injury. Nice to see him back on top.
          Maggard ran super tough.

Comment

...and Kelati has been blowing everyone else away. Wonder if she had an off day, or if Monson is really that much better than EVERYONE else.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
              Kipchirchir outsprints Maggard for the win in 30:33, with Chelanga and Korir next. Announcers completely missed the fact that Keter dropped back, kept saying still five in contention. Looked like a pretty tame course, nothing like the courses in the WA Cross Tour. Shannon Rowbury doing the interviews.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              Yes, pretty puzzling given that San Diego has a really good course at Balboa Park (the one they use for Footlocker).

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
                ...and Kelati has been blowing everyone else away. Wonder if she had an off day, or if Monson is really that much better than EVERYONE else.
                My fave memory of Kelati is when she ran the first 1000 of the INdoor NBN 5000 in 3:01----then hit 9:33 at 3000---when the INdoor 5000 HSR was still 16:08.
                Can't remember the year!

Comment

Working...
                X