• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story suggests effort to dope 100m sprinter at Tokyo

Expect this to be moved to DOPE TALK board, currently closed:
    https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...cs-2022-01-12/

Highlights of Reuters story:

NEW YORK — U.S. prosecutors on Wednesday announced charges against a Texas therapist for allegedly distributing performance-enhancing drugs to athletes participating in the Olympic Games held in Tokyo last summer.

The charges against Eric Lira, unsealed by federal prosecutors in Manhattan, marked the first U.S. criminal accusations of doping related to the Tokyo games, which were initially scheduled for 2020 but delayed by one year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The complaint did not identify any athletes who allegedly received drugs, including human growth hormone and erythopoietin, used to boost production of red blood cells, from Lira.

The complaint did not identify either of the two athletes whom allegedly received drugs from Lira.

Prosecutors obtained encrypted messages in which Lira and one of the athletes discussed the athlete's performance running the 100 meters, suggesting the athlete was a sprinter involved in the athletics competition.

"Eric my body feel so good (sic)," the athlete wrote to Lira on June 22, 2021, according to one of the messages obtained by prosecutors. "Whatever you did, is working so well."

K. E. N

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...deral-charges/
    Blessing Okagbare is named in this story.

Comment

long Justice Dept piece posted to home page

Comment

This guy sounds like a carbon copy of Anthony Galea. A shame the Rodchenkov Act wasnt around back then...
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
          https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...deral-charges/
          Blessing Okagbare is named in this story.
          WOW. The last sentence within the opening post is alarming.
          Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Some hardcore fans on Twitter have worked out who Athlete 2 likely is.

Though in obvious good form. Blessing was coming to the end of her career. And a career that has now been tarnished forever. Athlete 2, I fear, has destroyed his career as it's only just getting going.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
              Some hardcore fans on Twitter have worked out who Athlete 2 likely is.

Really only two possibilities, one stronger than the other. And entirely unsurprising.

There are no strings on me

Comment

Agreed. And there are a number of links between them (Athlete 2 and Okagbare).

Funny that in the original Okagabare thread, I pointed out that her training partners were also being questioned and named them - much to the feigned shock & distaste of some - and yet here we are, we have an Athlete 2, from her training group. Shock. Horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                  Agreed. And there are a number of links between them (Athlete 2 and Okagbare).

Funny that in the original Okagabare thread, I pointed out that her training partners were also being questioned and named them - much to the feigned shock & distaste of some - and yet here we are, we have an Athlete 2, from her training group. Shock. Horror.
                  Which training Group is she from?

Comment

I've just read the entire report on the United States Department of Justice. Incredibly sad for Blessing imo, probably felt she was at the end of her career and got desperate. Those text messages read as a woman very desperate. Individual one though is a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Which training Group is she from?
                      Tumbleweed track club, coached by Rena Reider. Andre DeGrasse, Trayvon Bromell, Divine Oduduru, Adam Gemeli, Omar McLeod among others are part of the group.
                      Last edited by ATK; 01-14-2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Blessing Okagbare made a complete mockery of this whole idea that athletes should be allowed to skip 2 tests every year. Here is a sample text that she reportedly sent her supplier about skipping tests.

On June 13 “Athlete-1 wrote to LIRA, ‘So I took 2000ui of the E [erythropoietin] yesterday, is it safe to take a test this morning?’ LIRA replied, ‘Good day [Athlete-1] . . . . 2000 ui is a low dosage.’ Athlete-1 replied further, ‘Remember I took it Wednesday and then yesterday again / I wasn’t sure so I didn’t take a test / I just let them go so it will be a missed test,’” the complaint said.

Comment

Makes me think WADA should be catching a lot more people than they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
                            Makes me think WADA should be catching a lot more people than they do.
                            I'm of the opinion that people should not be missing test or sending the person administering the test away. That's madness and should automatically miss 3 months for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

I'm of the opinion that people should not be missing test or sending the person administering the test away. That's madness and should automatically miss 3 months for it.
                              There has to be some flexibility in the system to account for human error. I would imagine that's where the idea of the 3 missed tests comes from. That said, If the tester finds you and you turn them away, that should be counted as a positive result. Except for extreme circumstances, which could be presented upon appeal, what other reason would there be for turning a tester away?

Comment

Working...
                              X