Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The potential of Matthew Boling?

Just what do we really have here, a good NCAA er who can score ya points in both relays, both sprinters and the long jump and that's about it. Or is he going to be somebody on the world stage after Georgia? I really can't see him running a sub 9.90 or 20.00 and to be running with the elite there.. The long jump, hmmm? 400 meter man?

What do we really have here?
    Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-20-2022, 05:48 AM.

Potential and 50 Cents, won't even buy a cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
      Potential and 50 Cents, won't even buy a cup of coffee.
      Really, hmmmm?

7-Eleven-Coffee-Deal.jpg

Comment

Well, as Peter...., the British announcer would say, he is certainly a "useful" athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Well, as Peter...., the British announcer would say, he is certainly a "useful" athlete.
          45.5ish
          27 footer

Yeah, "useful" would work on an NCAA team. A 50 pointer there. And he will probably improve on all his current PR's.

Now his Georgia days are over, now what? I am thinking ...200m.....his best bet to be competitive on the world stage.
          Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-20-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Really, hmmmm?

7-Eleven-Coffee-Deal.jpg
            Lol..

The way I see it all you ask of any athlete is to remain focused, stay humble and keep working to improve. All questions will be answered in due course.

Comment

Why are his Georgia days over? What did I miss?

Comment

They're not. He's still there.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpionking View Post

Lol..

The way I see it all you ask of any athlete is to remain focused, stay humble and keep working to improve. All questions will be answered in due course.
                  T&FN always has their predictions for the NCAA's, Nationals, Olympic Trials, Worlds, Olympics, why? Why not simply.....what will be will be?

Comment

I assumed we all know Boling is still at Georgia being track fans. So I was obviously talking about after his NCAA days, what next?

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

They're not. He's still there.
                      Which I mentioned in my first post.

Comment

Post college, I think his best chances for success are in the 400m and the Long Jump.
                        The 200m may be his best event, but it's a really crowded field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                          Post college, I think his best chances for success are in the 400m and the Long Jump.
                          The 200m may be his best event, but it's a really crowded field.
                          Have we ever seen a world class 400/long jumper, guessing he would kinda alternate the two while losing his 100/200 abilities, Hmmmmm.....don't see that happening, can't see him stepping totally away from 100/200 sprinting. Obviously being young he could shock us all at anytime and unleash something ...wow!!!! changing everything.

Comment

He wouldn't necessarily lose his 100/200m abilities.
                            Remember, he was a 400m / LJ guy in high school, when he burst on the scene in the 100/200m. He had not been training for, or running the short sprints in high school.
                            Also, take a look at what Fred Kerley did this past year!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                              He wouldn't necessarily lose his 100/200m abilities.
                              Remember, he was a 400m / LJ guy in high school, when he burst on the scene in the 100/200m. He had not been training for, or running the short sprints in high school.
                              Also, take a look at what Fred Kerley did this past year!
                              Well if he stops training as a 100/200 sprinter he won't be able to compete vs those who do train as a sprinter. How much time will he have to train as a 400/long jump//100/200. I do think in order to be competitive on the world stage he will have to decide on just what he is and put all his energies into that event.

That Kerley thing not as rare as most think, we had a world record 400m man win an Olympic 100m silver in Herb McKenley. Tommie Smith, Henry Carr like McKenley world ranked in all three sprints.

Comment

Working...
                              X