Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The potential of Matthew Boling?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • meanwhile, in a thread about Matthew Boling.....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by steve View Post

      Joe Deloach won the 200 in 1988 with King Carl second.
      yes, I found that video...very close.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gh View Post
        meanwhile, in a thread about Matthew Boling.....
        sorry, gh, no more about CL.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gh View Post
          a tweet by Athletics Weekly:

          <<Only two athletes in history have gone sub-10 for the 100m, sub-20 for the 200m and cleared 8m in the long jump. One is @matthew_boling1 and the other is @Carl_Lewis>>>

          response by Fred Kerley:

          <<Let me go 8m now>>
          Matt Boling is the second fastest person to long jump over 27' though his long jump PR is 2 feet short of Carl Lewis' best. He has so much more room for improvement in the LJ, mich more than the 100/200. His indoor mark is podium worthy in the last Olympics and WC. His 100/200 marks make him an 'also ran.'' His future is the LJ.

          Comment


          • I have been an unabashed Boling fan since the 2019(?) Texas Relays when he interjected a 26-4 LJ into a string of 23-footers, followed by his 4x4 anchor heroics.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

              but not 200, IIRC
              Yes, but your post referred to winning a track event and a field event at the same Olympics.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                I have been an unabashed Boling fan since the 2019(?) Texas Relays when he interjected a 26-4 LJ into a string of 23-footers, followed by his 4x4 anchor heroics.
                His coach says he's the hardest working guy on the team, and in every race he looks like he's trying harder than everyone else. Ya gotta like that, regardless of outcome.

                Comment


                • A further comparison of Boling's marks to Lewis' marks:

                  Boling is 21 yrs old and turns 22 on June 20th. His PBs so far this year are 9.98, 19.92, and 8.25.

                  Right before he turned 22 on July 1st, Carl Lewis set new PBs of 9.97, 19.75, and 8.79.

                  Boling still has a month-and-a-half to improve his marks as a 21 yr old.
                  Last edited by Jacksf; 04-26-2022, 06:22 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

                    Yes, but your post referred to winning a track event and a field event at the same Olympics.
                    correct..you are right!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                      A further comparison of Boling's marks to Lewis' marks:

                      Boling is 21 yrs old and turns 22 on June 20th. His PBs so far this year are 9.98, 19.92, and 8.25.

                      Right before he turned 22 on July 1st, Carl Lewis set new PBs of 9.97, 19.75, and 8.79.

                      Boling still has a month-and-a-half to improve his marks as a 21 yr old.
                      Lewis won three WC gold's that year and his 200 and LJ were the second best ever... that 200(where he clowned the last 50 meters) was a sea level all-time best...no comparison.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beebee View Post

                        Lewis won three WC gold's that year and his 200 and LJ were the second best ever... that 200(where he clowned the last 50 meters) was a sea level all-time best...no comparison.
                        And the SHOES (and everything else that makes the current era faster than 40 years ago for a given quality of athlete.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beebee View Post

                          Lewis won three WC gold's that year and his 200 and LJ were the second best ever... that 200(where he clowned the last 50 meters) was a sea level all-time best...no comparison.
                          "A further comparison of Boling's marks to Lewis' marks:"

                          Just comparing their times beebee.
                          And I made that distinction specifically in anticipation of you, because I know you can't stand Boling mentioned in the same sentence as Lewis.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by beebee View Post

                            Lewis won three WC gold's that year and his 200 and LJ were the second best ever... that 200(where he clowned the last 50 meters) was a sea level all-time best...no comparison.
                            what year was that? thanks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

                              "A further comparison of Boling's marks to Lewis' marks:"

                              Just comparing their times beebee.
                              And I made that distinction specifically in anticipation of you, because I know you can't stand Boling mentioned in the same sentence as Lewis.
                              One guy was the world's best track and field athlete, the other guy is a promising young American sprinter/long jumper.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                                what year was that? thanks
                                1983

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X