Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

One guy was the world's best track and field athlete, the other guy is a promising young American sprinter/long jumper.
    Again I am just comparing their times beebee. That's all I've done.
    You are the one making all the other comparisons and arguing against no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

Again I am just comparing their times beebee. That's all I've done.
      You are the one making all the other comparisons and arguing against no one.
      It's just a sporting debate Jack...

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

Lewis did not run 200 in 1983 WC's; IIRC the race where he "clowned the last 50 meters" was TAC championships

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Lewis did not run 200 in 1983 WC's; IIRC the race where he "clowned the last 50 meters" was TAC championships
          Correct. I remember watching it on British TV. I think they showed some meet highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Yup: https://youtu.be/kWqzFjvQ0vs?t=420

Comment

Suddenly Boling has realized a lot of his potential.
              He now joins Carl Lewis as the only sub-10, sub-20, and 27ft+ athletes.

Where does he go from here?
              I wouldn't be surprised if he runs 19.8x this year, and a 100m about 9.95.
              However, I would really like him to run a serious 400m or two, and see where he ends up on the all-time 100m/200m/400m list.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he runs 19.8x this year, and a 100m about 9.95.
                However, I would really like him to run a serious 400m or two, and see where he ends up on the all-time 100m/200m/400m list.
                With his new PBs in the 100 & 200m, he looks to already be at number 14 (if you use his indoor PB of 45.51).

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

And the SHOES (and everything else that makes the current era faster than 40 years ago for a given quality of athlete.
                  Yeah, but the blond kid is unlikely to be getting any PED help.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

With his new PBs in the 100 & 200m, he looks to already be at number 14 (if you use his indoor PB of 45.51).
                    I have him at =25, not 14, with 3591 points; =13 U.S. (with Jon Drummond)

Comment

• Originally posted by J Rorick View Post

I have him at =25, not 14, with 3591 points; =13 U.S. (with Jon Drummond)
                      His 400m PB is 45.51 from indoors not outdoors, which gives him more points

From what I see points wise: 45.51 indoors ~= 44.61 outdoors

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Have we ever seen a world class 400/long jumper, guessing he would kinda alternate the two while losing his 100/200 abilities, Hmmmmm.....don't see that happening, can't see him stepping totally away from 100/200 sprinting. Obviously being young he could shock us all at anytime and unleash something ...wow!!!! changing everything.
                        Yeah wasnt Anthuan Maybank jumping around 27'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Yeah wasnt Anthuan Maybank jumping around 27'?
                          You should have kept reading. Your reply is three months late.

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Closest I recall is Anthuan Maybank: twice world-ranked in the 400 (44.15 PB), and jumped over 27 feet.
                          Originally posted by gh View Post

for a start, Anthuan Maybank, 44.15/27-¾ (8.25)

Comment

• Honestly, when I saw his races against Terrance Laird last year, we could see there was a huge difference of level between them. Terrance was so brilliant then.

Comment

• Originally posted by 79 View Post
                              Honestly, when I saw his races against Terrance Laird last year, we could see there was a huge difference of level between them. Terrance was so brilliant then.
                              To be fair, there was a huge difference between Terrence's level and everyone else's, not just Boling. But Boling looks much improved in the early outdoor races this year compared to last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bowie View Post

Yeah, but the blond kid is unlikely to be getting any PED help.
                                If i could insert gifs id go for Whooopi Goldbergs "you in danger girl" from Ghosts

Comment

Working...
                                X