Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
    Just one jump isn't going to work.

Yep, good 400m man but did nothing in the long jump but one big jump.
    For the record, Maybank jumped over 27 feet on more than one occasion, in more than one year. The following data is primarily from the pages of our gracious hosts. (Regarding the apparent conversion discrepancy, I anticipate that the 27-1 jump was measured in feet and inches, and then converted to meters.)

Year
    Affiliation
    Best Mark
    Wind
    World List
    USA List
    Iowa
    8.25 (27-1)
    8.40w (27-6¾)
    +2.1
    Hawkeye TC
    8.25i (27-¾)

Comment

Originally posted by eman2001 View Post

I wonder why that is?
      It's a long season? Maybe simply to get an NCAA qualifier?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

For the record, Maybank jumped over 27 feet on more than one occasion, in more than one year. The following data is primarily from the pages of our gracious hosts. (Regarding the apparent conversion discrepancy, I anticipate that the 27-1 jump was measured in feet and inches, and then converted to meters.)
        Year
        Affiliation
        Best Mark
        Wind
        World List
        USA List
        Iowa
        8.25 (27-1)
        8.40w (27-6¾)
        +2.1
        Hawkeye TC
        8.25i (27-¾)
        Was actually looking for someone more accomplished at 400/long jump, than Taylor and Maybank, a legit majors medal threat. Don't think we have seen anyone like that before. If Boling did become a 400/long jumper only he'd have to be more of a force in those events than Taylor/Maybank were. As we saw.....12th ranked....wouldn't work. Am talking Boling vs the World.
        Last edited by Alcyallen; 01-21-2022, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Was actually looking for someone more accomplished at 400/long jump, than Taylor and Maybank, a legit majors medal threat. Don't think we have seen anyone like that before. If Boling did become a 400/long jumper only he'd have to be more of a force in those events than Taylor/Maybank were. Neither were ever world ranked in both.
          What is your definition of world class/accomplished/a force in those events?

Matt Hudson-Smith made the 2016 Olympic final, in the overall fastest 400m final in history, but was not world ranked that year. IMO he was world class

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

It's a long season? Maybe simply to get an NCAA qualifier?
            Now you're on the right track!

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

What is your definition of world class/accomplished/a force in those events?

Matt Hudson-Smith made the 2016 Olympic final, in the overall fastest 400m final in history, but was not world ranked that year. IMO he was world class
              Athletes who compete vs world class competition, we see them out on the circuit, they are on our National teams they are competing for the medals in majors.

Grant Holloway can run a solid 4x4 leg and a 4x1, he is a good long jumper. But when it comes to being world class he is just a 110 hurdler.
              Carl Lewis a great example of what I am talking about he was a legit threat on the world stage in the 100/200/long jump, he was world ranked in all three. That is where Boling would want to be.

Comment

Oh by the way, 6.65 in the rounds and 6.60 in the final at Samford.

Comment

6.60 in the final at Samford.
                  PR and 'useful' early mark.

Comment

Oh by the way, 6.65 in the rounds and 6.60 in the final at Samford.
                    Thought he'd run faster than that, hmmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      PR and 'useful' early mark.
                      Lets see, world leading marks in the 200 and LJ. 9th in the world for the 60. PRs in the 60 and LJ. This is a heck of a January so far for him.
                      Last edited by Dave; 01-21-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

So just who could run a 400 and long jump for your NCAA team? Not talking decathletes here.

Tommie Smith was a 25-10er great 400, Hell WR! first sub 44.00 4x4 split.
                        As we talked about Maybank and Taylor

That can't be it, but can't think of anyone else, gotta be more than that at the NCAA level.

Betting Nehemiah could do both and Grant Holloway, got one.....Allen Johnson!

Comment

Grant Holloway
                          26-9 in college with little real work.

Comment

Yea If Christian Taylor was world class in the LJ, then Grant Holloway was as well considering their marks.

Comment

To my humble opinion, I believe he should be focused on the 400m when he turns pro. At least a chance to get a spot in the US 4X400m teams if he is a constant sub-44"50 performer within one or two years. And may be why not the 400m/h someday?

Comment

Originally posted by 79 View Post
                                To my humble opinion, I believe he should be focused on the 400m when he turns pro. At least a chance to get a spot in the US 4X400m teams if he is a constant sub-44"50 performer within one or two years. And may be why not the 400m/h someday?
                                I do see him more 44.5ish than 9.85ish, But do think the long jump has to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X