Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Issue

When is it going to be mailed? Waiting anxiously in New York.

Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
    When is it going to be mailed? Waiting anxiously in New York.
    Mailed?

So is the magazine back to being a magazine you get in the mail like back in the day? Thought those days were over.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Mailed?

So is the magazine back to being a magazine you get in the mail like back in the day? Thought those days were over.
      It just doesn't come in a protective envelope.

Comment

Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Mailed?

The digital-only era began with the January 2018 issue—and ended with the December 2018 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

The digital-only era began with the January 2018 issue—and ended with the December 2018 issue.
          And after 60 years of subscribing, I fired them early in 2018. But then I rehired them at the end of the year when they relented and started printing again.

Comment

Received today - about 10 days later than usual, but it is, after all, the ANNUAL issue.

Looking at the cover . . . I wonder how many people call him . . . Ginger . . .
            The mullet, however, has to go.

edit - I don't get a vote, but I miss the Annuals with the full season summaries for each ranker and the 50-deep lists included. Having that on-line is OK, but it makes the Annual Issue much less of a go-to one-stop reference volume, which is how I've always used it.
            Last edited by Atticus; 01-27-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Hard to believe Kate Grace is ranked ahead of Raevyn Rogers in the 800. After Rogers beat her in the USOT, handled 3 rounds at Tokyo, and got the bronze medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                Hard to believe Kate Grace is ranked ahead of Raevyn Rogers in the 800. After Rogers beat her in the USOT, handled 3 rounds at Tokyo, and got the bronze medal.
                I assume Grace has a greater number of high placings in high-class international races when you look at it from a global point of view. However, I could understand someone making a US ranking putting Rogers higher.

I am reminded a little of the 1998 men's 400 ranking when I don't think any British fan agreed with T&FN ranking Mark Richardson above Iwan Thomas, when the latter beat the former in winning the UK Trials, the European Champs and the Commonwealth Games.

Comment

Thankfully it arrived today, and am just starting to digest it. The snowstorm wiped out Saturday's mail delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Received today - about 10 days later than usual, but it is, after all, the ANNUAL issue.

Looking at the cover . . . I wonder how many people call him . . . Ginger . . .
                    The mullet, however, has to go.

edit - I don't get a vote, but I miss the Annuals with the full season summaries for each ranker and the 50-deep lists included. Having that on-line is OK, but it makes the Annual Issue much less of a go-to one-stop reference volume, which is how I've always used it.
                    Atticus, I definitely agree with you. The printed Annual without the full season summaries for each World ranker looses much of its interest, the last "real" Annual was the 2017 edition.
                    To remedy this lack, I re-edited the various files making them ready for printing. There are 24 pages in all that I will attach to my printed issue. If you and other subscribers are interested in my work, I will gladly share it. And I did the same work for the 2019 Annual Edition (2020 not significant).

Comment

Originally posted by f/f View Post
                      Atticus, I definitely agree with you. The printed Annual without the full season summaries for each World ranker looses much of its interest, the last "real" Annual was the 2017 edition.
                      To remedy this lack, I re-edited the various files making them ready for printing. There are 24 pages in all that I will attach to my printed issue. If you and other subscribers are interested in my work, I will gladly share it. And I did the same work for the 2019 Annual Edition (2020 not significant).
                      Absolutely yes, please. Do you still have my contact info? I'll PM it now the Message Center above. I expect to PAY, please. 2019 and 2021. Thanks!

Comment

I'd be interested, too, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Absolutely yes, please. Do you still have my contact info? I'll PM it now the Message Center above. I expect to PAY, please. 2019 and 2021. Thanks!
                          Just done. And this offer is only for free, nothing to pay. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Sigmon View Post

I'd be interested, too, thanks!
                            Alan, could I have your email via PM? Thanks

Comment

Just done. And this offer is only for free, nothing to pay. Enjoy!
                              Got it - you're the best! Thanks again.

For those unfamiliar with f/f, he is a true T&F expert, with the best form-charting skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X