Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

catching up with Sha'Carri Richardson (split)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catching up with Sha'Carri Richardson (split)

moved over from last year's Pre thread

‘That Must’ve Really Hurt You’: Sha’Carri Richardson Slammed for Reckless Tweet About Her Past Losses (yahoo.com)

Instead of backing down, Richardson has decided to defend herself; she did just that in a Jan. 18 tweet. Addressing her haters, who seemingly continue to taunt her about her disappointing placement on the track, she wrote, “Y’all that keep saying I came last MONTHS AGO & y’all won’t see that again but has your life changed since ? Same place right ?”

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
      Sha’Carri Richardson Slammed for Reckless Tweet
      She has LOTS of growing up to do, but I wish her well!

Comment

Considering Richardson has been consistent in her personality and the public has dealt with it, I doubt the criticism of her tweets/comments will continue to get much traction. She already has a documentary coming out at Sundance this week produced by the late Virgil Abloh, so her growth is continuing on an upward trajectory

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          I doubt the criticism of her tweets/comments will continue to get much traction. She already has a documentary coming out at Sundance this week produced by the late Virgil Abloh, so her growth is continuing on an upward trajectory
          There are many things to like about her, but the petulant child persona is not one of them.
          Not sure what you mean by 'traction' here, but she will continue to be a lightning rod for criticism if she doesn't find more civility in her demeanor.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            There are many things to like about her, but the petulant child persona is not one of them.
            Not sure what you mean by 'traction' here, but she will continue to be a lightning rod for criticism if she doesn't find more civility in her demeanor.
            Traction in the sense that, last year (which was her true coming out year to the general public) every tweet and comment that was seen as negative or off putting was covered in every way possible by almost all publications. I don't think that will happen as often, even once the season gets going (yes this is just my speculation, we'll see).

Sure she is polarizing, there will always be those who like her and don't like her, but she is still managing to attract huge opportunities that even some of the top names in our sport could only dream of. And if the controversy of Trials and then Prefontaine didn't change much, not sure what people are looking for.

From Lewis and FloJo, to Bolt and Felix, it will always look different, but criticism is par for the course for a popular figure. Richardson is who she is and will clearly be a presence whether people like it or not.
            Last edited by ATK; 01-19-2022, 11:52 PM.

Comment

she is still managing to attract huge opportunities that even some of the top names in our sport could only dream of.
              She is who she is and will clearly be a presence whether people like it or not.
              Running 10.72, 10,74 and 10.77 attracted the opportunities, and yes, she's getting a lot of 'presence', but that's not the same as . . . good business.
              I hope you're right, and she becomes a star attraction (as opposed to a side-show attraction).
              We could use another star in the USA - Jamaica rivalry that is good for our sport (aka publicity).

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Running 10.72, 10,74 and 10.77 attracted the opportunities, and yes, she's getting a lot of 'presence', but that's not the same as . . . good business.
                I hope you're right, and she becomes a star attraction (as opposed to a side-show attraction).
                I think we just disagree on our views of her (which is perfectly fine!)

But I think we can all agree:
                1. She is attracting a lot of attention, in various forms, and seems likely to continue to do so at least in the near future.
                2. We want to see some fast times and great head to heads on the track!

Comment

But I think we can all agree:
                  1. She is attracting a lot of attention, in various forms, and seems likely to continue to do so at least in the near future.
                  2. We want to see some fast times and great head to heads on the track!
                  Absolutely.

Comment

I also saw that Richardson is going on Celebrity Big brother. How will that co-inside with her training and her plans for Oregon. I have no doubts that she is a stellar talent and that she is now categorize maybe as an B list celebrity. But her focus needs to be on Athletics, Thompson and SAFP takes no prisoners.
                    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                      I also saw that Richardson is going on Celebrity Big brother.
                      SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                        I also saw that Richardson is going on Celebrity Big brother. How will that co-inside with her training and her plans for Oregon. I have no doubts that she is a stellar talent and that she is now categorize maybe as an B list celebrity. But her focus needs to be on Athletics, Thompson and SAFP takes no prisoners.
                        Im pretty sure the show is pre-recorded, and also its only a rumor for now that she is on it.

Comment

I'll watch this:

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/shac...eleven-seconds

the film is described as “a rumination on time, loss, and hope,” featuring a “poetic” imagining of Sha'Carri's quest to reach the Olympic games.

“We all have our different struggles, but to put on a face, to have to go in front of the world and put on a face and hide my pain, like, who are you? Who am I to tell you how to cope when you’re dealing with a pain or you’re dealing with a struggle you’ve never experienced before?”

“I apologize for the fact that I didn’t know how to control my emotions or deal with my emotions during that time. Don’t judge me. I am human.… I just happen to run a little faster.”

Comment

She's a kid, a talented, unbridled kid, let her run, enjoy her uniqueness.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                              ‘That Must’ve Really Hurt You’: Sha’Carri Richardson Slammed for Reckless Tweet About Her Past Losses (yahoo.com)

Instead of backing down, Richardson has decided to defend herself; she did just that in a Jan. 18 tweet. Addressing her haters, who seemingly continue to taunt her about her disappointing placement on the track, she wrote, “Y’all that keep saying I came last MONTHS AGO & y’all won’t see that again but has your life changed since ? Same place right ?”
                              While there's truth that everyone has a past and it could be measured as of the most recent midnight or the last hour, she needs to stop getting drawn into responding to negative comments.
                              Stop feeding the troll so to speak, and stop getting down in the mud with the pigs.

Comment

Working...
                              X