Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 World Outdoor Results - Second Attempt

I see the first thread got locked down, thanks guys. Please stay on topic (reporting COMPETITION news/results!)

Anyway . . . I wish more elite athletes would publish their comp sked as Dec star Kevin Mayer does!

FJkB3b7XMA0WH7Y?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Please stay on topic
    But you posted an athlete's INDOOR schedule 😂

Comment

Let's try this again. Kenyan National Cross Country Championships . . .

ak-top-senior-xc-results.jpg

Comment

I believe Mboma ran a 22.3 over 200m the weekend. I saw the vid, but didn't see any wind or altitude info.

Comment

CB reports new WL for wPV in Perth
          Nina Kennedy 15-5 (4.70)

and in Moscow, mHep WL
          Makarenko (Rus) 6115

Comment

Bonkers early pace in the Osaka Women's Marathon. Mizuki Matsuda and Mao Uesugi (aided by male pacemakers) have gone through 5km in 16:28 - that's 2:18:57 pace. The Japanese record is Noguchi's 2:19:12.

It's live on Fuji TV at https://tver.jp/feature/f0096042 (VPN needed) or https://aqstream.com/jp/fuji/Fuji-TV if you don't have a VPN.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
              Bonkers early pace in the Osaka Women's Marathon. Mizuki Matsuda and Mao Uesugi (aided by male pacemakers) have gone through 5km in 16:28 - that's 2:18:57 pace. The Japanese record is Noguchi's 2:19:12.It's live on Fuji TV at https://tver.jp/feature/f0096042 (VPN needed) or https://aqstream.com/jp/fuji/Fuji-TV if you don't have a VPN.
              Made me look. Passed 10K at 33min which is 2:20 pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Made me look. Passed 10K at 33min which is 2:20 pace.
                Yeah, 33:02 which according to the on-screen graphics is 2:19:23 pace. Matsuda's PB is 2:21:47 and Uesugi's is 2:24:52. The group of 5 or 6 about 200m behind are still on 2:22 pace - that includes 2nd favourite, Sayaka Sato (2:23:27 PB).
                Last edited by LuckySpikes; 01-30-2022, 02:52 AM.

Comment

A slight slowing for the third 5km - 16:40.

I think I've gathered from the graphics that the Japanese federation has set 2:23:18 as the time they have to run to be in line for a place on the team in Eugene.

2:22:39 pace for the 2nd group of 5. The depth in Japanese distance running is crazy.
                  Last edited by LuckySpikes; 01-30-2022, 03:05 AM.

Comment

1:10:xx at the half

Comment

Ooh, they've picked it up again between 20k & 25k, going 16:27 for that 5km. After halfway in 1:09:57 there's still a sniff of the NR.

Mao Uesugi is just about hanging on to the coattails of Matsuda and having a phenomenal race.

Japanese TV coverage of road races really is next level - all the on-screen info they give about splits (immediate and not 5 minutes later!), distance gaps between groups and info about individual athletes which would be really useful if you know the language. The rest of the world should watch and learn.
                      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 01-30-2022, 03:41 AM.

Comment

3:12 and then 3:04 for the last two kilometres to 28km ... Wowzers!

Comment

16:27 for the 5km to 30km. Mizuki Matsuda is still looking really strong. I predict she will break the NR by 2 seconds!

6 Japanese women still on course to go sub-2:23 !

EDIT: Oh, perhaps not re Masuda. For the first time she's looking like she's starting to struggle.
                          Last edited by LuckySpikes; 01-30-2022, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Brave effort by Matsuda - 2:20:52, still a course record and a 55s PB. She's now #5 Japanese all-time, just behind Mao Ichiyama (8th place in the 2021 Olympics).

3 other women under Japan's 2:23:18 Eugene standard, all with 2 or 3 minute PBs.

7 Japanese women at 2:25:33 or better - I can't imagine that's ever happened for any nation in one race other than Kenya & Ethiopia.

Comment

ETH opens 2022 with a 7.19 60m.

Comment

Working...
                              X