Hoffmann 86.52
    Vetter 85.64
    Give the ladies some love too!

Hussong Christin 63,29
    Muze Lina 62,88
    Ogrodnikova Nicola 62,80

In Poland

wHep Sulek 6290
    Last edited by Atticus; 05-15-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Regional phase of the Italian Club Championships

Rovereto: Ponzio 21.73m

Comment

• Any news on Ewa Swoboda opening up her season?

Comment

• There's a 'little' meet (WCT Challenger, below Bronze) in Castligione, Italy, Sunday. Usually these are heavily domestic, but this one has a hidden gem.

In addition to Omanyala (100 WL in 9,90) in the 100/200, A Diaz in TJ, a good wHJ, Weir and Ponzio in mSP, it has my current curiosity fave . . .

Sasha Zhoya. He ran 12.72 over the 39s, and if he has adapted well to the 42s, he could actually vie for a medal in Eugene!! He turns 20 just before then. Reminds me of Skeets.
          In his spare time, as a 17yo, he vaulted 5.56, over 18'.
          He has also dabbled in the Dec.

https://www.castiglionemeeting.org/

Comment

• Jacobs in Savona, 9.99w (+2.3) heat, 10.04 (+0.3) final.

plus
            wTJ
            LaFond 14.53 (+0.7)
            Jose 14.46 (+0.9)

w200
            Paulino 22.59 (+2.0) PR

mSP
            Ponzio 21.12
            Weir 21.06
            Last edited by Atticus; 05-18-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Jacobs in Savona, 9.99w (+2.3) heat, 10.04 (+0.3) final.

plus
              wTJ
              LaFond 14.53 (+0.7)
              Jose 14.46 (+0.9)

w200
              Paulino 22.59 (+2.0) PR

mSP
              Ponzio 21.12
              Weir 21.06
              https://www.fidal.it/risultati/2022/...erGara.html#g1

Comment

• Andrius Gudžius 69.39 mDT WL at Kaunas

http://lengvoji.lt/andrius-gudzius-6...tas-pasaulyje/

Comment

There's a 'little' meet (WCT Challenger, below Bronze) in Castligione, Italy, Sunday. Usually these are heavily domestic, but this one has a hidden gem.

In addition to Omanyala (100 WL in 9,90) in the 100/200, A Diaz in TJ, a good wHJ, Weir and Ponzio in mSP, it has my current curiosity fave . . .

Sasha Zhoya. He ran 12.72 over the 39s, and if he has adapted well to the 42s, he could actually vie for a medal in Eugene!! He turns 20 just before then. Reminds me of Skeets.
                  In his spare time, as a 17yo, he vaulted 5.56, over 18'.
                  He has also dabbled in the Dec.

Diaz now trains in Italy with Fabrizio Donato. He was in the Arezzo stage of the regional phase of Clubs Championships last weekend.He jumped 16.36 (wind -1.4) with a 5 steps approach.

Comment

• 16 year old puripol boonson ran 20.37!!??? Wind legal too! WTH. It's just slightly slower than what knighton ran at the same age (20.33). The lad was born in January 2006. He also ran 10.44 too at the SEA games. I'm surprised it hasn't been trending yet across the boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                      16 year old puripol boonson ran 20.37!!??? Wind legal too! WTH. It's just slightly slower than what knighton ran at the same age (20.33). The lad was born in January 2006. He also ran 10.44 too at the SEA games. I'm surprised it hasn't been trending yet across the boards.
                      This is what WA has on him:

20.58 (NWI) 20 MAR 2022, Srisaket

Comment

• https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/2...-sprint-double

Comment

• Perhaps his profile hasn't been updated yes, besides it's not as if he ran the time at an obscure meet. When reading the report, I found that the race took place five days ago or so, and I at least expected world athletics to acknowledge the performance.

Comment

There's a 'little' meet (WCT Challenger, below Bronze) in Castligione, Italy, Sunday. Usually these are heavily domestic, but this one has a hidden gem.

Sasha Zhoya. He ran 12.72 over the 39s, and if he has adapted well to the 42s, he could actually vie for a medal in Eugene!!
                            Sasha Zhoya was completely dominant in the U-20 championships and has not competed since and never over the full height hurdles. Given that this will be Zhoya's first ever competition over the big boy hurdles, I tried to confirm the fastest debut time but ran out of motivation. 😫😫

However, I can say that the fastest time by an athlete the first time they finished under 13.50, is the 13.20 by Sergey Shubenkov, who did that the year he turned 20.

I expect Zhoya to run under 13.50 and if he runs faster than Shubenkov, then it will definitely be the fastest debut ever. If he doesn't, I've got the answers down to 13.33 but more work to do if he's slower than that.

While the debut time doesn't mean a whole lot given the different hurdle heights over the years as well as different high school settings around the world, it's an interesting stat nonetheless. For comparison, select other athletes:

Orlando Bennett was the 2018 WJC silver medallist with a best of 13.00 +0.3 over 99cm and debuted at full height the next season (the year he turned 20) with 13.96. His first run under 13.50 was 13.27 later in his first senior season.

Wilhem Belocian 2014 WJC gold medallist ran 12. 99 +0.5 over 99cm and debuted at full height earlier that year with a 13.78. His first run under 13.50 was 13.30 in his opening run the following year when he turned 20.

If we look at the fastest times set in the year an athlete turned 20 we have the following targets for Zhoya to meet by the end of the season:

Renaldo Nehemiah USA 13.00
                            Dayron Robles CUB 13.00
                            Devon Allen USA 13.16
                            Liu Xiang CHN 13.17
                            Sergey Shubenkov RUS 13.20 (fastest first time under 13.50)
                            Greg Foster USA 13.22
                            Ladji Doucouré FRA 13.23 (FRA 20th year fast time)

Comment

w200
                              Paulino 22.59 (+2.0) PR
                              Paulino is coming for the 400m gold in Eugene. SMU better watch out.

Comment

Jacobs in Savona, 9.99w (+2.3) heat, 10.04 (+0.3) final.
                                Race video of his 10.04: https://youtu.be/UOSxDyLNMjw

Comment

Working...
                                X