Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    CM is inconsistent. I'm rooting for Rabbit Run, Mr. Sowinski!
    Social media Forums for track and field are peopled by a number of sad posters who find it difficult to appreciate that our great sport is of worldwide significance and thus a noteworthy performance at any time should be appropriately recognised. Some inadequate fans cannot understand that. Mysterio is correct in his assertions, and over 22000 posts just seems a waste of time by we all know whom. Brazier is current world champion, so what?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
      Klaver is so far holding off Saalberg as second best 400 in the relay pool. She won in Bern today at 51.21 to Saalberg second at 51.51. Saalberg has proven that the season opener 51.2 in Huelva was not a fluke. All four of her results have been well below 52.

But it's still a huge deficit toward the 4 x 400 medals. United States is a given and Poland has three at 50 level. The Dutch fourth is a mess with Lisanne de Witte still inactive after a concussion and Andrea Bouma improving but still at least a year away from where Saalberg is now. Bouma has dipped under 53 this year a couple of times but is no guarantee to do so.
      Klaver is slight ahead & more consistent than last season, whilst Saarlberg is much, much better. Bol we hope to be on a par with her Tokyo form & runs - certainly she is ahead of where she was this time last year as well. In terms of 4th leg, Lisanne was averaging 52.5 last season around now, compared to Bouma's roughly 53.3 this season. But I think what they have gained with Saalberg edges what they have lost with Lisanne. If either Lisanne or Andrea can get to mid 52 form by Eugene, they should be comfortably faster than they were in Tokyo, but agreed, not on a level to challenge for a medal, just a top 5 placing.

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post
        Brazier is current world champion, so what?
        That is a joke, I presume.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
          Nozomi Tanaka almost won the 800/1500/5000 triple at the Nationals.

First, an easy, dominant win in the 1500m on Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv7TFE3HB-A&t=6s

She barely lost the 800m on Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQYs7hsDURI

Then 75 minutes later, this happened. (61 sec last lap in the 5000m final.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EqwZXilixs

Here is the video of the entrie 5000m race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EqwZXilixs
          TN, amazing triple. Did she have to run any heats/prelims ?

Comment

That is a joke, I presume.
            Three years ago. Wow

Comment

• Originally posted by DET59 View Post

TN, amazing triple. Did she have to run any heats/prelims ?
              There were heats for the 800 & 1500.

Comment

• Hey Atticus, there's another sneaky good "Challenger" meeting happening tomorrow in Castellón, Spain. At least it will be if all the entrants turn up ...

The W 1500 is set to include Lemlem Hailu, Linden Hall and a load of other good athletes including Esther Guerrero, 16yo Birke Haylom (ETH; 4:02 PB at the Nairobi Gold meeting!) and NCAA champ Sintayehu Vissa.

NCAA indoor champ Mario Garcia Romo is due to be part of a pretty good Men's 1500 and in the W 800 Hirut Meshesha (3:57 1500 winner in Rabat) is likely hoping to demolish her 2:00.92 PB.

All the details & streaming links for this and other meetings tomorrow via https://forum.athleticsweekly.com/fo...3878#post43878

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                  Hey Atticus, there's another sneaky good "Challenger" meeting happening tomorrow in Castellón, Spain. At least it will be if all the entrants turn up ...
                  Gracias, between your great DropBox info and 'WatchAthletics', it's so much easier to keep up with all the interesting world meets.

Comment

• Ummmmm . . . did anyone else notice something DIFFERENT about Stahl's 70m throw?!
                    find it here.
                    https://www.instagram.com/throwersuniverse/?hl=en

Comment

CM is inconsistent. I'm rooting for Rabbit Run, Mr. Sowinski!
                      I'm sure you are for Sowinski but only with your heart...Sow is the romantic story as Americans like to root for such situations but let's talk reality when discussing CM.

CM, 27, is a veteran of running rounds in world class championships, pretty much a perennial finalist, closes very well over the last 150 meters, ran sub 1:44 only a year ago...certainly still capable of running well enough to even win the trials. Besides, other than Hoppel who else is there? Jewett has been rather feeble, no one from the college ranks, Brazier is a ghost.

Sow, 32, his PB is from 8 years ago, does not close well, has not had to run rounds very much and when he does he's pretty much a non-factor. But it's a good story so I understand the narrative.

Side note it's pretty shocking how just one year ago the 800 was such a strong event for the US, now it's kind of blah.
                      Last edited by JMysterio; 06-16-2022, 05:02 PM.
                      I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                        I'm sure you are for Sowinski but only with your heart...Sow is the romantic story as Americans like to root for such situations but let's talk reality when discussing CM.CM, 27, is a veteran of running rounds in world class championships, pretty much a perennial finalist, closes very well over the last 150 meters, ran sub 1:44 only a year ago...certainly still capable of running well enough to even win the trials. Besides, other than Hoppel who else is there? Jewett has been rather feeble, no one from the college ranks, Brazier is a ghost.
                        Sow, 32, his PB is from 8 years ago, does not close well, has not had to run rounds very much and when he does he's pretty much a non-factor. But it's a good story so I understand the narrative.
                        Side note it's pretty shocking how just one year ago the 800 was such a strong event for the US, now it's kind of blah.
                        All true . . . but Sowinski making the team would be a great feel-good story.

Comment

• Some fast times & good long jumping at the Conti Tour Challenger meeting in Castellón (ESP):

W 400: 1 Catia Azevedo 51.43
                          W 800: 1 Hirut Meshesha 1:58.54 PB
                          W 1500: 1 Lemlem Hailu 4:00.32, 2 Linden Hall 4:00.58, 3 Federica del Buono 4:03.45 PB, 4 Sintayehu Vissa 4:04.54 PB (and 2 others inside 4:05.5) - Linden Hall rounding nicely into form and a 2.1s PB for Federica del Buono
                          W LJ: 1 Evelise Veiga (POR) 6.74 (+0.8) PB

M 200 (+1.6): 1 Mitchell-Blake 20.33, 2 Yancarlo Martinez (DOM) 20.36
                          M LJ: 1 Llester Lescay Gay (CUB) 8.24 (+2.2), 2 Eusebio Caceres 8.15 (+1.8), 3 Hector Santos 8.11 (+1.4)

Comment

• Gabriela Debues-Stafford (and Andrea Seccafien) out of the World Champs due to injury - https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene...due-to-injury/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

Klaver is slight ahead & more consistent than last season, whilst Saarlberg is much, much better. Bol we hope to be on a par with her Tokyo form & runs - certainly she is ahead of where she was this time last year as well. In terms of 4th leg, Lisanne was averaging 52.5 last season around now, compared to Bouma's roughly 53.3 this season. But I think what they have gained with Saalberg edges what they have lost with Lisanne. If either Lisanne or Andrea can get to mid 52 form by Eugene, they should be comfortably faster than they were in Tokyo, but agreed, not on a level to challenge for a medal, just a top 5 placing.
                              Top 5 is probably the maximum unless something unexpected happens among the top teams. Klaver seems to expect much better than last year. There is a YouTube interview with her after the Hengelo meet in which she emphasizes Saalberg's improvement and says last year the relay was good but now everyone is determined to step up.

Lisanne has not run since March and her Instagram has been empty of any training information. I assume she'll run at nationals last week.

Bouma wrote that she learned a big lesson in Bern last week. I didn't see the race. Her time was slow. I assume she went out too hard and paid for it. She strikes me as a gamer who would fare well in a championship setting.

IMO, the sleeper is Hanneke Oosterwegel, Emma's older sister. She has quietly been running mid 53s the past few weeks. Last year she was on the Olympic team after finishing not too far behind Laura de Witte in the national final. Hanneke is a bit of a mystery to me because her Instagram is now totally inactive in contrast to when she attended college in the United States. I have no idea where she trains. She was also running 400 hurdles last year but has apparently given up that event. Hanneke looks heavier to me than when she ran collegiately. That's why I think she would benefit from the Papendal program. I saw her in a video on the Hortas Sotra YouTube channel a few weeks ago. She had the lead but faltered late to lose to Cathelijn Peeters, who is also a sleeper to make the team. Both of them are mid 20s and somewhat similar in that they have dabbled in 400 and 400 hurdles. Peeters primarily runs the hurdles right now. I guess she'll win the national title since Bol plans to run the 200 only.

I always have to remember that someone like Hanneke Oosterwegel who already has a college degree may be well into their career and can't afford to devote to training full time.

Comment

• Echeverria has fallen out with the Cuban federation so won’t be attending the world championships

Comment

Working...
                                X