Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
    Echeverria has fallen out with the Cuban federation so won’t be attending the world championships
    Say WHA?!

Time for a defection to Spain!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Say WHA?!

Spain? Why not Miami?!

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
        Spain? Why not Miami?!
        I like your thinking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Say WHA?!

Quite a few have switched allegiance to Portugal or Spain in the last few years, and Copello to Azerbaijan. He may in interested in a move but it would rule him out of the Paris games, difficult situation for him

Comment

• Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post

Quite a few have switched allegiance to Portugal or Spain in the last few years, and Copello to Azerbaijan. He may in interested in a move but it would rule him out of the Paris games, difficult situation for him
            Alexis Copello TJs for Azerbaijan while Yasmani Copello runs 400H for Turkey. When I saw Copello I thought of the latter first.

Comment

• Somewhere in Nocera...Alessandro Sibilio run the 400m in 45.08. Second Italian of all time behind Re.
              The runner up of this race run 52.78.

Sara Fantini improved the Hammer Italian record again: 75.77 in Madrid tonight.
              Last edited by ItalianFan; 06-18-2022, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItalianFan View Post
                Somewhere in Nocera...Alessandro Sibilio run the 400m in 45.08. Second Italian of all time behind Re.
                The runner up of this race run 52.78.
                45.08 is a good time, especially racing solo.
                The men's 400m is a weak event in Europe this year.
                Sibilio might have a better chance for a medal in the 400m, than in the 400m hurdles at the European Championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

45.08 is a good time, especially racing solo.
                  Sibilio might have a better chance for a medal in the 400m, than in the 400m hurdles at the European Championships.
                  Remember Sibilio ran a mere sub-48 last year ... almost unnoticed as there were so many mind-blowing performances but still.
                  With this kind of speed on the flat no reason to think he's not capable of repeating the feat. And it was his season opener.
                  Warholm is head and shoulders above the others and probably fit come Munich, but behind it's free estate. Mägi is reliable, but then no one to lock the podium, Copello is stuck over 49, Bengström started really fast but has not confirmed yet ...

Comment

• Bengström started really fast but has not confirmed yet ...[/QUOTE]

His name is Bengtström !

Comment

Hudson Smith has the potential to change that, but I don't know why he was a no-show in Paris.

Comment

• Now that Seyaum has replaced Worku in 5000, will the 17-year-old Simbo Alemayehu replace Wondemagegn, whom she beat by 18 seconds in Paris? Worku was, I think, the only one of the team members who obeyed the EAF by pulling out of the Oslo meet, and she was rewarded by losing her place! No good deed goes unpunished!
                        Cheers,
                        Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                          Now that Seyaum has replaced Worku in 5000, will the 17-year-old Simbo Alemayehu replace Wondemagegn, whom she beat by 18 seconds in Paris? Worku was, I think, the only one of the team members who obeyed the EAF by pulling out of the Oslo meet, and she was rewarded by losing her place! No good deed goes unpunished!
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          What a shambles the EAF continue to be. It's a good job for them that Ethiopian athletes don't seem to be particularly litigious!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                            Now that Seyaum has replaced Worku in 5000, will the 17-year-old Simbo Alemayehu replace Wondemagegn, whom she beat by 18 seconds in Paris? Worku was, I think, the only one of the team members who obeyed the EAF by pulling out of the Oslo meet, and she was rewarded by losing her place! No good deed goes unpunished!
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank
                            The way Ethiopia does things, Alemayehu could easily replace Wondemagegn in the Steeplechase. And Hailu could replace Dagnachew in the 1500. One thing is for sure. We aren't finished with EAF drama!

Comment

• Originally posted by berkeley View Post
                              Hudson Smith has the potential to change that, but I don't know why he was a no-show in Paris.
                              I thought he is injured.

Comment

I thought he is injured.
                                He rarely runs 2 /3 good races in succession.He shines by European standards because there are no decent 400m runners on the European continent.. Nearly always a state secret in the UK about about most athletes injuries issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X